Mountain Project Logo

patuckaway 4/14/17?!?!

Original Post
Zac Clark · · NH · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 936

Anyone want to boulder tomorrow?

Nick Brennan · · PNW · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 110

I was out there a couple days ago and the ground was totally saturated and the gates were locked.

Nick Brennan wrote:

I was out there a couple days ago and the ground was totally saturated and the gates were locked.

What side did you come in from? I hiked in from the horse farm and climbed at Boulder Natural and Devils Den.

Benjamin Schneider · · South Hamlintownburg, NH · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 75
Zac Clark wrote:

What side did you come in from? I hiked in from the horse farm and climbed at Boulder Natural and Devils Den.

Now for the big question: Was it dry? 

Benjamin Schneider wrote:

Now for the big question: Was it dry? 

Yes! with the exception of some of the climbs like Ride the Lightning which are almost never dry... Pretty much all the rock was dry, the ground is still covered in snow in some spots and kinda wet, but thats why boots are a thing.

Nick Brennan · · PNW · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 110

I think I went through the main entrance.  It was my first time there and I was really just going to check it out (cold, wet, windy, gf didnt want to climb).  What is the best place to park to approach and climb the cliff routes?

Nick Brennan wrote:

I think I went through the main entrance.  It was my first time there and I was really just going to check it out (cold, wet, windy, gf didnt want to climb).  What is the best place to park to approach and climb the cliff routes?

The BEST way to get there is to come in on either fire tower road or round pond road (both come off a dirt back road called Reservation road) they will drop you right by round pond (lakeside crag, round pond boulders) which is very close to the upper cliffs and lower slabs. HOWEVER.... Round pond rd and tower rd are both closed right now, so the best way I think to come in is to park at what is known as "the horse farm" and take the near mile long walk in from there.... MTN project is pretty good about directions. This time of year you gotta catch it on a good day, but be ware soon the mosquitos will emerge DUN DUN DUUUUUUU.

I will Likely be out there the morning of the 14th If anyone wants to come meet me there!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "patuckaway 4/14/17?!?!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started