Mountain Project Logo

Climbing specific supplement mixes/powders

Original Post
Climb Germany · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 2,525

Can anyone tell me some climbing specific supplement mixes or powders. I could swear there was a new company or two that was aimed just at climbers but I cannot find the name(s). 

And btw this is for research, not asking about what's best etc. I heard anyway that all it takes is coca cola to crush these days =) (kidding and not criticizing). 

Mike Brady · · Van Diesel, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 681

Not sure there are any climbing specific supplements but Skratch is heavily marketed towards climbers. I tried their electrolyte mix at an event and it may have been an overzealous mixture but the stuff was super sweet.

Skratch I know but it's just gatoraid without all the extra sugar, as is Vitalyte. 

There was a small company which had just started putting out a mix, don't recall if powder or liquid that was a mix of caffeine, creatine and some other stuff and targeted specifically at climbers. For the life of me I can't remember hte name though I recall visiting the website

Dylan B. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 938

Mike and Melissa are locals in the Devil's Lake climbing community and they make Mike's Mix Recovery Drink, and related products. They don't seem to be marketing it as climbing specific, but they certainly have climbing in mind. 

@Dylan Thanks but that's not it. I know my description isn't very helpful but I figure there can't be many climbing specific ones out there. 

Steve Pulver · · Williston, ND · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 455

Gognarly.com seems to sponsor several pro climbers. I think there are several ads out now of those climbers pushing the company's BCAA's.

John Barritt · · OKC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 1,053

I think you're looking for this, the ultimate climbing superfood. http://www.vancampsbeans.com/ click on the beanie weenie nutrition label

JB ;)

La Momoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

Gnarly used to target to climbers, but their latest marketing campaign was totally geared to the crossfit crowd and went full doosh. Like, 'GAINZ BRO!!! TICKET TO GAINSVILLE!' Dunno, maybe it was April fools? If not, it was a total turn off.

http://gognarly.com/product/gnarly-maximus-pre/?inf_contact_key=115b56a50ad8ced67ed30279f2af9af50d787042463f1f333ad3a29ed604b749

I haven't heard of gnarly. I dont think that was it, it was smaller seeming, kinda hipstery/new rei outdoorsy people type thing if that makes sense. Not a big deal, just wanted to know and now bugging me I can figure it out

Mike Mellenthin · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 70
Momoface wrote:

Gnarly used to target to climbers, but their latest marketing campaign was totally geared to the crossfit crowd and went full doosh. Like, 'GAINZ BRO!!! TICKET TO GAINSVILLE!' Dunno, maybe it was April fools? If not, it was a total turn off.

http://gognarly.com/product/gnarly-maximus-pre/?inf_contact_key=115b56a50ad8ced67ed30279f2af9af50d787042463f1f333ad3a29ed604b749

The guy who founded the photographed gym is in fact a rather famous climber. Go figure.

I thought "ticket to gainsville" was a joke, but apparently not lol...dear lord.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply