Mountain Project Logo

Updating "more information" section of my profile

Original Post
Jaime T · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

I feel really silly having to ask this, but how do you update the "more information" section of your profile?? When I click on edit there's no field for that.

Jason Halladay · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 11,797

I just looked at this again yesterday to update mine and it's not super obvious. Hover your mouse of the red-colored "EDIT TEXT" and then click "Edit Properties" when it pops up:

Thanks for the reply Jason. Unfortunately, I don't have the "edit text" button that you showed. I tried Safari and Chrome just in case it was a browser problem, but no luck with either :/

Jon Nelson · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 4,675

Mine also has the red "EDIT TEXT", like Jason's. 

Dan Riti · · Somerville, MA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 73

I get the same user experience as Jaime T. I cannot see the "EDIT TEXT" link for the "More information" section:

For someone who can actually see the "EDIT TEXT" link, could you paste the URL here? (Right Click on Link => Copy Link Address)

Jason Halladay · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 11,797
Dan Riti wrote:

I get the same user experience as Jaime T. I cannot see the "EDIT TEXT" link for the "More information" section:

For someone who can actually see the "EDIT TEXT" link, could you paste the URL here? (Right Click on Link => Copy Link Address)

I looked at the source and the link goes to a page to edit an "object" that has a different a name tag than one's profile. In my case the link is https://www.mountainproject.com/scripts/EditObject.php?id=XXXXXXXXX&action=edit (I remove the a name tag from my link here.) I looked at the source for your profile page and you don't have an a name tag for the "More information" area. I checked Jon's profile page and he does the the a name tag. I checked Jamie T's profile page and no a name tag. I'll make the head honcho aware of this issue. 

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 2,416

Fixed.  Thanks for reporting, and thanks for the investigation Jason!

Dan Riti · · Somerville, MA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 73

awesome! thanks for the quick response and fix guys.

Thanks so much for the fix. It's working for me now too!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply