F/S Evolv Shamans new model And Old model

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Brian Lavett · · Wilsonville · Joined May 2016 · Points: 250

Price Drop $65 shipped

Evolv Shaman - New Model, size 13. Used a few days. Great shape. No damage or significant wear. 

SOLD Evolv Shaman - Last model, size 12.5. I got these when I blew out my Sportivas. I used them for a few weeks. $50 shipped. Tons of life left and they DO NOT STINK.

Price drop, I can do $100 plus shipping for both pairs.

Or $70 shipped for the new ones, and 40 for the old ones

bkozak · · Sterling, VA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 70

Definitely interested in the old shamans.  Out of curiosity for sizing, I wear an 11.5 in evolv for flat shoes (Defy, Bandit, Astroman).  You think the 12.5 size would be fine and not too big?  Never tried Shamans before.  Also, you have any more pics of the edges for them?

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,067
bkozak wrote:

Definitely interested in the old shamans.  Out of curiosity for sizing, I wear an 11.5 in evolv for flat shoes (Defy, Bandit, Astroman).  You think the 12.5 size would be fine and not too big?  Never tried Shamans before.  Also, you have any more pics of the edges for them?

Not sure if the sizing is the same at bigger sizes, but for comparison, I wear a 9.5 in the Defy, and a 10.5 in the old Shamans (I haven't used the new shamans).

bkozak · · Sterling, VA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 70

Thanks for the advice Ken.  How is the fit for that sizing of the Shaman for you?

They run way small on my feet. I wear a 45 in Muira VS, & 45 in my Genius. I think that's like an 11.5. I wear a 12 in street shoes and boots. I've actually got a pair of shoes and boots for sale on here that are 12s. And the Evolv Shamans are very tight,  beyond "performance climbing shoe tight ". They are painful awkward tight. To be clear though, my feet may be shaped differently than yours. Muiras, Futuras, and Genius have been the best shaped shoes for my hoofs. I think that They all have a similar last. I like the shamans, the padding on top of shoe is comfy. I just couldn't ever get the fit dialed in the way I like. I like Trax rubber too, it's great on all this sandstone in the south. Sticky and relatively durable. My wife has run into the same issues with Evolv sizing. She wears an 11 in women's shoes, we're both tall with big feet lol. She buys men's climbing shoes, and had to size up in Evolv. She uses men's 11.5 shamans, but normally wears a men's 10 in Sportivas. So she sizes up a size and a half in Evolv. But again, everyone has different feet. If anyone that buys either pair gets them and they don't fit, just send them back to me. I'll be happy to refund the money. Just don't go climb in them for two weeks, then say they don't fit. Lol. We frown on that. Anyway, I am happy to post additional pictures if you want, answer any questions, or just shoot the S*!t and geek out on gear. Just message me if I can help. Cheers

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,067
bkozak wrote:

Thanks for the advice Ken.  How is the fit for that sizing of the Shaman for you?

It's definitely a performance fit, tight, with toes a bit curled, but at least for my feet, the shaman's are the most comfortable aggressive shoe on the market and they are quite comfortable for single pitch routes or bouldering (I'd definitely size up if I wanted to use them for an all day shoe, but I don't know why you'd want the shaman for that).

Ken Noyce wrote:

It's definitely a performance fit, tight, with toes a bit curled, but at least for my feet, the shaman's are the most comfortable aggressive shoe on the market and they are quite comfortable for single pitch routes or bouldering (I'd definitely size up if I wanted to use them for an all day shoe, but I don't know why you'd want the shaman for that).

I like my shoes tight for sport climbing. I size down from my street shoe size, but for whatever reason, Evolv fit my feet differently. I agree totally with what you said. And I really do like the shamans. I was psyched about getting the new ones. But, in the end, I'm going to stick with my Sportivas. I just got a pair of Genius... They're like cleats for steep sandstone. Lol.

Price drop, $65 shipped

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply