ISC Rocker for rope solo

Original Post
Norm Rasmussen · · North Jersey · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 1,018

I was recommended this piece of gear by a british rope-soloist. Anyone else have any experience or use it before?

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=1878

eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 456

Looks kind of similar to the old Ushba Ascender. If it slides up the rope smoothly, I'd use it for TR solo, but it's pretty expensive compared to other options that are well know to work as well or better. 

Yeah. Looking for one for solo lead. I could buy a used Soloist or SP, but they are getting more and more expensive. Also they are discontinued. Maybe the new Wild Country REVO would work for that purpose. 

mike gibson · · Rapid City, SD · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 0
Norm Rasmussen wrote:

Yeah. Looking for one for solo lead. I could buy a used Soloist or SP, but they are getting more and more expensive. Also they are discontinued. Maybe the new Wild Country REVO would work for that purpose. 

For solo lead, I tried using a very similar device (camp goblin) and it sorta works ok, but not really.  If the route is a straight shot, then all goes well, but if you mix in any bit of lateral movement then the thing tends to lock up.  Edelrid Eddy is the only good solution out there right now.

James T · · Livermore · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 80

I'll have to check out the Eddy.

mike gibson · · Rapid City, SD · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 0
James T wrote:

Across the pond...

I take back what I said earlier.  That's a different approach than what I tried before and looks like it might work better. I'll have give it a try and see if it solves the lateral problems.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply