Lost Creek Canyon ?

Original Post
Nicholas Gillman · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 331

I've been wandering around out in lost creek canyon lately. I've got the traveling around back there pretty dialed in , although I've only gone back as far as the true south/west split (7-9 waterfalls back or so? Haha) couple questions of anyone can either point me in the right direction.

1) Upfront at the mouth of the actual canyon (the first waterfall up above hidden falls) is a line that I can nessisarly find described as far as what I'm looking at or maybe im glossing over descriptions ?Its a line of bolts next to this cool looking detached corrner thing that fall away into nothing with the ability to go left or right afterwards , each direction leading to a ledge with an anchor and past that it's hard to make out ? 

The other thing that has me kinda mystified is a crack climb wayyyyy back in the upper reaches of the canyon like way back. I'm not actually sure how to describe where it is and I cant imagine there is really any other way to get back to it. It might be accessible from Icebox some how via a trail that's unknown to me but even if so it would be a haul. Im hoping someone can recognize it to satisfy my curiosity. It's about 70+\- feet with a bolt to protect the first 20 feet or so till the proper crack (which looked to be fingers at best?) .... thoughts?

Outside of that I'm wondering how much more (if any ) developed Climbing is hiding back in the "wilds" of lost creek .... everywhere you look there seems to be huge varnished faces giant clean looking corners , roofs ... all kinds of things ....I'd be really surprised to learn there isn't anything of note.

*Also bonus photo of what  appears the be a canyoneer anchor above the big multi tier falls in the back .

Doug Foust · · Henderson, Nevada · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 165

Nick,

Me and a friend did the FA on both those routes long ago, but didn't place the bolts. Not sure who put those in.

Doug

Nicholas Gillman · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 331

Thanks Doug sent you and email.

If anyone else has any knowledge of stuff back there they wanna share let me know.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply