Here's an idea...

Original Post
Stanley McKnight · · Paradise Valley, Arizona · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 268

how about some sort of buyer/ seller feedback on mountain project? Maybe this is outside of the scope of this website, but there is a lot of buying and selling done here and it seems lots of people are apprehensive about sending money to someone who may or may not actually send them gear, and vice versa. 

I've done my fair share of buying/ selling here and I've always wished there were a way to view feedback from the persons previous exchanges.

My idea is pretty much that you could have the option to give the seller a star rating after you get something from them. That way, if someone rips someone off, the person they ripped off could give them 0 stars and make a little comment. If someone delivers gear in the condition they described in a timely manner, they get a good review. That way, someone who has done a lot of honest deals here could have some good feed back and people would feel more at ease buying from them. 

Of course the downside to this is scammers could always just sell from new profiles, but it would at least make it a little bit easier to weed out a scam.

What do y'all think? Is this pointless or could it be of some benefit?

John John · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

20 kN · · Hawaii · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,348

How do we determine if a user actually sold something to another user? What stops users from giving negative feedback to others simply because they dont like them, they bailed on a climb, or for whatever other unrelated reason?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply