Mountain Project Logo

Week of April 9th

Original Post
Brandon R · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 60

I have this week off of work and want to go climbing. Leaving from Sacramento and open to destination (weather dependent, of course), but more trad focused (YV, JT, RR, Zion, IC, Cochise, etc.). Have gear, car (can carpool), lots of experience. I'm a pretty normal, considerate, easy-going, but got-my-shit-together kind of guy, and would prefer similar qualities in a road-trip partner. Not willing to carpool with stoners, especially if crossing state lines. Mostly looking to climb 5.10 to 5.12, but a few easier routes would be fine too. 

Ryan Pfleger · · Tahoe, CA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 15

Looking to be in Yosemite April 11th-14th. Could carpool on the 11th, (driving from Chico through Sac) but can't leave until then. Well under your climbing level, but if you want to slum it on some easy stuff or lead all but the easy pitches it could work. Pretty rusty, lets say leading 5.8 trad, following up to 5.10 but I can definitely fall off 5.9 and 5.10 Yosemite cracks. That said, I'll belay/follow you up whatever, even if I am pulling on gear, just wanna get out and knock some rust off. Leading up to easy 5.11 sport, but probably only solid on 5.10 right now (People sport climb in Yosemite!?). 2088634676

Steven Cabrales · · Fresno · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I was thinking of making a trip to Zion/Bryce myself, and was shooting for 4/9-4/15ish. Currently in grad school in Fresno so I guess my head is on (reasonably) straight.  Im comfortable as a second/belayer for both sport and trad, however I am always eager to learn/gain experience. Able to lead 5.11s in the gym ( for what it's worth) and have done a couple multi pitches in Yosemite and the Sierras. I have a reliable vehicle, an iPod full of podcasts, and a fresh set of nuts begging to get used! Hit me up if interested 360-431-0053

Lana Little · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 15

Hi Brandon, I live in Sac-to. I've got a couple days off next wk, so I can join you if you dont have a partner for those days, or join you guys in case of cragging. I'm thinking April 11th for drive in, climb on 12-13th.  The Valley seems to be wet.  The East side might be a better option. 916-476-7957 , Lana

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply