Mountain Project Logo

Climbing in Mitake (Japan)

Original Post
Fla Vie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hello !

I'm planning a trip in Japan and would like to climb in mitake, do you know where I could rent some crash pads or find topo ? 

Halbert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 582

If you exit the Mitake station a little bit down the road on the lefthand side there's an outdoor store Maunga where you can rent a pad for the day (1000 yen if I remember correctly). I guess they will sell the topo there also. Tokio Muroi's black book Mitake-Mitsumine-Ogawayama topo is good and cheap. Otherwise any other climbinggym with store in Tokyo will sell it too.

If you climb on the weekends Mitake will be so busy with climbers you will probably not really need an extra crashpad or topo, there will be plenty around anyway. Though it's nice to bring your own crashpad ofcourse. And remember Japanese climbers don't like you to step on a crashpad with walking shoes for reasons of politeness.

Mitake is a pretty small area but beatifully situated at the riverside and fun too in my opinion, enjoy!

Fla Vie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks a lot for your reply ! We'll be there in 5 weeks :)

Mela C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

http://www.maunga.jp/?tid=5&mode=f5

google translate might be able to help with some of the Kanji.

hope you get good weather ... it's been raining in Tokyo lately (actually, yesterday night until this morning). if it rains hard enough some areas in Mitake will be flooded by water run off from the nearby mountains.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing in Mitake (Japan)"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started