Red River in May

Original Post
Dana Bartlett · · CT · Joined Nov 2003 · Points: 890

I have the month off and I'd like to go to the Red. Experienced and safe, down there operating in the mid to high 11 range, but the grades aren't too important. I've been there four times so I know few of the areas.

lane brown · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

Hi Dana: I am going to be visiting the East Coast in mid-May, and I would like to get in a few days climbing at the RRG between 5/15 and 5/20. I don't have much (or any) presence on MountainProject, but I am 54 and have been climbing for almost 30 years now. Grew up in NH and did a lot of hiking, but didn't start climbing until I moved West in the mid-1980s. I am a bit out of shape after a busy winter, but typically lead 5.10- and follow 11-. I'm headed to Indian Creek next week, so I'll know a bit more about my fitness, or lack thereof, shortly. I've never been to RRG, so I am happy to climb just about anything in that range.

If you are interested, let me know, and we can figure out the easiest way to get in touch.

Cheers, Lane

Derrick Keene · · Kentucky · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 90

I'm there most weekends. If you need a partner let me know. I lead 11's as well.

Jeremy Lubkin · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0

I'm headed there next week - but might stop in Chatt on the way so not sure my arrival. Have all May to play.  Lead 11's as well, maybe early 12's.

davidbr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 10

I'll throw my name into this hat as well, in case anyone is interested. I've been climbing a lot of years as well and am looking to climb May 15-19th.

I'm looking to get on wide cracks and am willing to trade belays on whatever project someone else has in mind.

I also have some other days free in May and figured I may as well add them here. The days I am looking to climb in May are the 8-10th; the 15-19th; the 24-26th; and June 1-3rd.

If Dana or anyone else on here is interested in meeting up any of those dates, shoot me a text message at (519)496-7851 and we'll see what we can work out.

Crankster1 · · Winchester, KY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I'm a local and have the 12-15,  18, 25-26 of May.   Have good knowledge of most areas including Miller Fork, would be willing to hang with any of you old farts since I just hit 60

1. Even if none of us ever meet, has anyone else found this 'old farts' thread to be rather refreshing? There has been no gratuitous use of exclamation points or the word 'epic', and I do not recall ever seeing so much grammatical correctness in a thread about partners for the Red.

Hey David, Crankster, Jeremy & All: 

I am planning to be there from May 15-19. Happy to climb most anything (within my ability) and belay anything (beyond my ability). I will be flying to Baltimore for a science conference on Saturday, May 6, and will drive down to the Red via Seneca (probably) the next weekend. I can be reached via text at 503-880-4756. I look forward to climbing with some of you guys, if it works out. It will be an EPIC!!! time.

Cheers, Lane 

Monday 5/15 has a stellar weather forecast as of now, would be nice since it's also a weekday. 5/12 looks so so, 5/13-15 looks very settled and improves daily. 

I'm hanging out at HCR until the Red weather improves. So likely get there around the weekend. 

Looks like I've added the 16th as an option as well. 

Chris Oleson · · Santiago, Chile · Joined May 2011 · Points: 130

I'll be at the Red May 20-22 (first trip) and looking for a partner.  Lead sport to 10d and would be down for trad as well if anyone is interested

Hi All.

I should be getting there by the morning of May 13. 

Lane

I'll get in morning of 14th.  Hope the rain settles down.

Derrick Keene · · Kentucky · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 90

I'm heading out tomorrow morning the 13th. PM me if anyone needs a partner. I'll be out Sat and Sunday.

Milan Brlek · · Toronto · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be at Red from May 20-28 (roughly) and looking for partner. Very motivated and experienced and not my first time in Red. Open to sport or trad... no preference.

Cheers!

If anyone will commit to a time and place, I'd plan to arrive on the evening of the 14th. It's too much of a drive for me to head down without knowing I have a partner lined up.

Sudha Pamidimukkala · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 25

Anyone driving to Red from NY/NJ area? I would love to carpool up and my schedule is very flexible. Text me at 732-881-1083

Thanks,

Sudha

I can be at Miguel's at 9:00 am on 5/15 if anyone can commit to that we can lock it down, or if another location is better let me know

Anybody???  Can start earlier or later...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply