Mountain Project Logo

New Forum Code

Charlie S · · Ogden, UT · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 2,046

Thanks for the update.  As far as formatting (Windows 10 using MS Edge), fonts and spacing look modern.

Quibbles:

1, On individual posts, there is too much wasted space in the poster's identification "box."  I'd rather see that space below rather than to the right of the avatar.

2, "What's new," I liked the new-since-your-last-visit indicator.

As far as functionality, haven't noticed any bugs.  Thanks for the hard work!

Daryl Allan · · Sierra Vista, AZ · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 1,040

Btw.. thanks for all your work Nick.

I just received this when I clicked a link from the notifications drop-down list.

Edit:: Just got it again when i submitted this post but hit 'back' and saw that it posted anyway...

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 3,879

Thanks, fixed.

Brian L. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 90

The new post indicator is really awkward in it's placement. It required my eyes to go from one side of the screen to the other (from thread title- on left - to looking for indicator - on right). Makes it really hard to ID which posts have new replies in them at a glance. 

Simple solution would be to move it to the left, next to the thread title, instead of on the left, next to the "last post" date.

Other than that, still getting used to the new changes, but nothing majorly wrong. I was getting a 404 error when posting a reply earlier, but the post made it through fine.

Nathan Scherneck · · Portland, OR · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 2,365

Still Laravel based?

Daryl Allan · · Sierra Vista, AZ · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 1,040

Hi Nick. 

Interesting twist this morning.  Using the link to come here in the notifications dropdown: 

takes me to this: 

but i can browse here using my "Posts" history from my profile page just fine.

Edit::

Win10 Enterprise, 64bit, behind a web proxy. and

Charlie S · · Ogden, UT · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 2,046

The newer avatar bar/box setup is way better!  Thanks!

Matt Carroll · · Seattle WA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 65

Nick,

new format works with me and I dig it. One functionality I don't have anymore (this could have also been lost long ago) is the ability to click through to a tread that a corresponding photo belongs in.  For example, I search "bivy sack" and see a photo of a bag, in the for sale forum.  When I click on the photo, it enlarges, but does not link the specific forum post at the top, only "For sale forum" click through link.   If it is a personal photo that someone has uploaded to their account, then the pathway to their album is listed. The pathway for the forum post used to be there (unless I'm going mad).

Thanks again for the hard work you put into this place!

Curtis Tripp · · Seattle, WA · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 737
Matt Carroll wrote:

Nick,

new format works with me and I dig it. One functionality I don't have anymore (this could have also been lost long ago) is the ability to click through to a tread that a corresponding photo belongs in.  For example, I search "bivy sack" and see a photo of a bag, in the for sale forum.  When I click on the photo, it enlarges, but does not link the specific forum post at the top, only "For sale forum" click through link.   If it is a personal photo that someone has uploaded to their account, then the pathway to their album is listed. The pathway for the forum post used to be there (unless I'm going mad).

This occurs when the original thread has since been deleted, which happens a lot with for sale posts once the gear sells. For photos in extant threads, the link is still there and functioning.

Matt Carroll · · Seattle WA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 65
Curtis Tripp wrote:

This occurs when the original thread has since been deleted, which happens a lot with for sale posts once the gear sells. For photos in extant threads, the link is still there and functioning.

Ah! Totally makes sense. Thanks. 

drewdogg2112 · · halifax, MA · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 20

everything seems fine to me except the fact that you can only choose first or last page in a forum and then you have to click through to get to any pages in between. Why not have the page numbers so you can click on the page you want? and I liked the square prof pictures better but whatever. I really just want to see as much of Aleks Zebastian's profile picture as possible hahaha

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Mountain Project News
Post a Reply to "New Forum Code"