Looking for climbing partners: Lake Tahoe Area

Original Post
Kevin McDermott · · Camptonville, California · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

To anyone that may be interested, I'll be living/working up on the Tahoe National Forest from late-May through the Fall season and will be looking for folks to climb with. This will be my first time in the area, and I'm definitely psyched to get out and explore as much as possible. Lover's Leap is on my list. Also wouldn't mind getting into some alpine adventures up in the Sierras. Should be able to lead 5.9-5.10a on trad, but it has been a little while since I've been out. If interested, feel free to shoot me a text at 978-503-9191, or just message me. I'm coming from the East coast and probably won't be out there until the very end of May, but atleast we start lining up some plans.

Thanks,
Kevin M.

Maureen Maguire · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 0
  1. No worries. There's an active stoked bunch of climbers skiers mountain bikers alpinists and whitewater partners in the Tahoe basin. Easy to get connected once you get here.  Interested in the Leap? Stop by Strawberry Station on hwy 50. Climbers' supply and good community. Stop by The Backcountry, Tahoe Sports Hub, or Alpenglow for more connections posted on the info boards. It's a very high snow year. Bring skis or split board.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply