Looking for Casual Partners

Original Post
Ian Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

About me: I'm 39, work as a tree climber live in the Wash Park area. I'm looking to get out on nice days on weekends, mostly. I prefer trad but will clip bolts. I'm rusty - it's been a couple if years since I climbed rock: maybe leading solid 5.8 but potentially harder routes, I don't know. I used to be a hardcore, obsessive climber about 10, 15 years ago; I worked briefly as a guide, spent a summer in the Valley. Now I'm a little older and a little fatter and just looking to do some casual climbing. I've got a beautiful, shiny new rack and everything else except a partner.

I'd like to do some cragging and, depending, then multi-pitch trad climbs; I love Eldo, Vedauwoo, Lumpy, South Platte. No beginners, please.

Tim Meehan · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 260

Hi Ian: You can put me on your list of folks to contact when free time and good weather align. Best, Tim

codrew · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 5

Hey Ian
Very similar situation here. Climbed a lot but life/career has interfered the last few years. I'd like to get out too, been a desk jockey lately so may be in worse shape than you! Add me to your list though, have very limited wall time in CO but varied around the country prior to moving to the Denver area.
Andrew

rob bauer · · Golden, CO · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 2,625

Im free thursday if either of you want to climb. Call or text 303-913-5959 and we could go.

Rob bauer

Chad German · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

I'm near DU and open for more partners, especially trad and alpine, even ice, but sport ok sometimes.  I can be reached at 303-242-7506.  Not a beginner and looking for more regular, RELIABLE partners at add to the pool.  Available many weekends but also occasional weekdays.

Kris Merrion · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

also in the Wash Park area.  add me to your list.  free most weekends and some weeknights.  mostly sport, but will belay trad.  808-781-2106

T Schnugg · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2013 · Points: 60

Hey all.  I'm keen to get out.  Ian, similar story, but lived in Banff, Canada.  Rehabbing from shoulder/back situation looking to get on trad or sport, probably nuthin above 5.8 eldo at the moment.  Up for Lumpy.  Prefer to climb during the week but willing to get out on weekend if need be.  Anyone up for tomorrow any time after 10:30?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply