Climbing partners wanted 3/29-4/3 Washington or Oregon!

Original Post
AliciaC · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

So I just moved to Seattle a couple weeks ago and am dying to get out to some of the big Washington climbing spots such as Index, Leavenworth, Vantage, you name it, I want to go there and climb it. I have off 6 days in a row from work starting this Wednesday and want to climb something, anything! I realize it's pretty early in the season still and places may be a bit wet, which is why I would also be down to roadtrip to Smith Rock and climb there since it's way more likely to be dry and climbable. Just depends on if I can find a climbing partner in or around Seattle, or if people are free closer to Smith. I am flexible and can come to you :) I haven't climbed outside in about 4-5 months and it's killing me!

A little about me: I am a 30 year old travel nurse from originally from Maryland. I move every 3-6 months to different cities around the US, and usually choose to go to where I can find good climbing. In the last year I've lived in Colorado, southern Arizona, and Bend, Oregon and now I'm in Seattle (and will hopefully stay here through the summer). I am a pretty moderate level climber. I have a rope and draws and just started putting together a trad rack (I own a total of 5 cams so far haha). Usually, I can follow on 10s and lead on 8s with sport. With trad, the most I've followed was a 9 and I have no trad lead experience yet (but trying to learn, hence why I started buying a couple cams). I have followed up some easy big multipitches in the past and that's always fun

if you are free anytime between the 29th to 3rd and wanna go climb something fun and easy, let me know and let's do it!

Also, if you live in Seattle and need some weekday climbing partners for Vertical World, also hit me up!

Sam Zuckerman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Alicia, I just "moved" to Bend and would be down to put in some days at Smith. I don't have much sport experience so hopping on something easy sounds good (314)753-9333.

Darrin Stein · · Vancouver, WA · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 365

I am thinking about an easy weekend in Bend for Mt. Biking Saturday and climbing at Smith Sunday. 4/1 and 4/2. Thoughts?

jp.brown · · Silverdale, WA · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 0

I will be in Bend area and am looking for a partner to climb on Monday-Tuesday, 4/3-4/4. So if you will be down there and are still looking for a partner for the 3rd, let me know. - Jim

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply