St. George area access?

Original Post
Mr. Stevens · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 825

A friend recently told me that access to Lime Kiln is limited because of road construction. Anyone have any more details on this? I called Desert Rat in St. George and they didn't have much info. When I asked about access issues to other crags (Utah Hills, Welcome Springs) they said they didn't think there was access issues but there might be road construction too? Can anyone confirm or deny access issues for the St. George limestone? I'll be out there for the whole week coming up, so any specific "closures on weekends only" or "limited access on Tuesdays" type of information would be great.

Thanks!

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,500

You can try and catch Misty Murphy- she's the one who posted on Mountain Project about Lime Kiln.

It sounds like currently you can get out to the Grail on the weekends, but not on the weekdays. Misty only mentioned Lime Kiln/Grail (and I imagine that other crag out there) as well) in her original post, so I wouldn't assume that other areas are impacted by the same issues.

Ryan Courreges · · Loma Linda, CA · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 185

I was at the Grail two weekends ago and the road was open that Sunday. I also heard from a friend who lives in St. George that the road closes during the week.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply