Mountain Project Logo

Looking for lots of different people...

Original Post
Flavaflav · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 660

Hello!

I moved to Seattle to continue my dream of climbing big snowy mountains. I finally moved to the right place at the right time, and now I need some new partners! Let me know if you're interested in one or more fields, your goals, and your dreams. If no one is interested in getting out Mon-Tuesday, I'm planning on bike packing with skis up to Snoqualmie and camping/skiing the park for three days. Hopefully that will give you an idea of how I like to enjoy my time! If it sounds difficult and requires starting in the dark, I'm probably interested.

1. Car pool partners/ski/snowboard for the next month to ski at Alpental/Snoqualmie Pass. Have been skiing for 8 days now and been going down Blues and some Blacks with confidence. I am very motivated to get proficient for Volcano season!

2. Mixed climbing practice partners. Have only done it once, and I don't have tools yet, just BD venom set. If you'd like to lend me yours I'll drive and buy beers until I get my own.

3. Trad/Alpine-I am very familiar with trad, including grade IV/V FA's on sandstone and some on alpine granite. I've had several seasons in the Sierras and CO Rockies. To say that I am excited for PNW routes is an understatement. I have soloed 7-8 couloirs that were in the 40-60 degree range, that was a while ago. Would like to do more!

4. Sport climbing? I cringe at the thought but it's probably good for me.

5. crevasse rescue practice/snow anchor building. Let's go get cold and whip on pickets! Really though, safe methodical practice.

6. If you're a newer climber and would like to learn some climbing techniques, I can help you since I was once also ignorant at one point or another, and still am. I'll have you carrying tied slings and prussiks in no time!

I've tried three times to get a login for Cascade Climbers, I guess I am not cool enough yet. Good luck and be safe!

Kyle

Lovin' the wide, Celtic Cracks-Labrynth Wall Red Rocks
Royal · · Santa Rosa, CA · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 385

YOUR GONNA DIE!!!!!!

No seriously, Kyle is a really hilarious, fun guy. Probably my favorite person to climb with personality wise. And he's motivated. I can vouch for that. He knows how to suffer. Many of my best climbing memories consist of us suffering and being okay because we took care of each other. The joking also helped. Kyle knows how to be a real partner not just a parasite on a rope. Also, make him go bouldering, gym climbing, or sport climbing with you. If only for my amusement.

Jplotz · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1,020

Are you even an Eldo climber?

You sound excited for the cascadea. Once the snow receeds a bit more, send a message! I'd be happy to climb some classics with you.

It's not Eldo for sure, but we make do here in the PNW.

Flavaflav · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 660

I am pretty excited to be here and prepared for some long climbs. Anyone done Mt. Olympus in a day?

jesseseligman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Yo! I've lived here about a year and have many of the same interests. Namely exploring these fluffy mountains! I'm most excited about getting some good alpine adventures in. I know a little about snow/glaciers but want to get a lot more proficient and summit some volcanoes this season. I'm definitely in need of doing some anchor and crevasse rescue practice. In terms of rock I've led plenty of sport and a good bit of very easy trad. Stoked to follow harder stuff too! Skiing volcanoes also on my list.

--Jesse

a.blair · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 65

PM sent- looking forward to hearing from you!

Kasey McGrady · · East Greenbush, NY · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 75

Hay, I'll through this out here just to see if anyone is game.... Yes i have done Olympus in a day but I cheated using mechanical means to get to the terminal moraine... its always been a dream to actually hike the other 18miles. I am trying to hook up with someone to do some Northside routes for 2 weeks this late May/June ....Shuksan-North Face, Baker -North Ridge, Glacier-Sitkum Glacier Mt. Rainier-Liberty Ridge and Adams-Adams Glacier......interested ? its a fun suffer run.....

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply