A star is born (in wrestling kneepads)

Original Post
Nick Brennan · · Concord, NH · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 110

Rising to fame as one of the greatest trolls to grace the internet since Wesley Summers or just another climber who wants to "climb better, faster, stronger... and longer"? I can relate to this guy... sometimes I'm just too strong to climb well so I campus and lay-back low angle jtree cracks for the heart-pounding thrill!

https://youtu.be/jVg5OrfyCok

Seth Jones wrote:Those cleaning skills are on point.
the man has a deft touch with the nut tool. i didnt really watch the whole thing, but at one point he tries to rip out a #1 without even touching the trigger bar.
eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 456

5.7 my ass! That looks like 5.5

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 205

My favourite part was better, faster and longer or possibly the part where he misses every jug in sight and doesn't jam once the entire climb.

scott fuzz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 125

Seemed OK for the first minute or so then a kinda dozed off. What's happens? Does he go on to expose himself as an over analyzing kook or something??

scott fuzz wrote:Seemed OK for the first minute or so then a kinda dozed off. What's happens? Does he go on to expose himself as an over analyzing kook or something??
.. yeah. the real jewel in it is when he tries to remove cams without using the trigger.
ViperScale · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 230

Probably one of his first times ever climbing outdoors, clearly the person that lead it looks like a guide he paid.... just leave em alone!

ViperScale wrote:Probably one of his first times ever climbing outdoors, clearly the person that lead it looks like a guide he paid.... just leave em alone!
he's trying to angle into youtube stardom, imploring people to subscribe and enter his give-aways. He's inviting (begging for?) the attention so I don't feel too bad pointing out that this video is a little tone deaf and inauthentic.
ShaneM · · Seattle, WA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 5
ViperScale wrote:Probably one of his first times ever climbing outdoors, clearly the person that lead it looks like a guide he paid.... just leave em alone!
Kind of doubt it, the leader was clipping the draws into the thumb loop of the cams, which is just silly.

But I definitely agree with the "leave em alone" sentiment regarding this dude's desire to post the video. Who cares, I bet he enjoyed making the video and maybe some of his friends enjoyed watching it.
King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 440
Nick Brennan wrote: he's trying to angle into youtube stardom, imploring people to subscribe and enter his give-aways. He's inviting (begging for?) the attention so I don't feel too bad pointing out that this video is a little tone deaf and inauthentic.
I'm just thinking you have better things to do than through shade on a newbie. Let him have his fun with a gopro and climbing. Maybe he'll make some art someday and we will be the better for it?
steverett · · San Diego, CA · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 105
ShaneM wrote: Kind of doubt it, the leader was clipping the draws into the thumb loop of the cams, which is just silly. But I definitely agree with the "leave em alone" sentiment regarding this dude's desire to post the video. Who cares, I bet he enjoyed making the video and maybe some of his friends enjoyed watching it.
I knew a guide who did that, said it was so the slings last longer. I did not follow his advice.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply