Mountain Project Logo

WTB short lengths of rope

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
fuzzy muzzle · · Seattle · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Looking for short lengths of rope to practice tying knots and hitches, maybe prusik ascending... Shorter than 20 meters I guess.

David Vogel · · Lake Forest, CA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 1,280

i have a retired 9.8 that i can hot knife cut to whatever desired length. shoot me a pm. i will only charge you the shipping cost via usps.

Thanks David, Pm sent

Found all I could ever want for free at one of the local gyms. All good now.

Jess Arnold · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 386
Daniel Fretto wrote: Found all I could ever want for free at one of the local gyms. All good now.

I am also hunting up old ropes for a repurposing project & (ground) teaching purposes. In your experience; how has approaching gyms for their old ropes worked for you? Shorter lengths + core shot ropes would work fine. 

Jess Arnold wrote:

I am also hunting up old ropes for a repurposing project & (ground) teaching purposes. In your experience; how has approaching gyms for their old ropes worked for you? Shorter lengths + core shot ropes would work fine. 

Vertical World in Seattle was 100% cool. They offered all I could take and let me use their hot knife...and I'm not even a member. They had loads of rope tucked away behind the walls and the only catch was that it was pretty dark. The rope was pretty spent but I was able to get what I needed. Hope this helps. 

Jess Arnold · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 386

Awesome, thanks for the insight! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply