Mountain Project Logo

Need All New Gear

Original Post
Kyle Dick · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I had everything stolen in a recent robbery and I need to buy all new stuff from shoes to TRAD gear. Any recommendations for site that would offer discounts for either bulk purchases or just any large discounts off items. Or any recommendations on how to build my whole rack again?

Thanks

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 35

Theres a "great online deals thread" on MP you should subscribe

Mathias · · Loveland, CO · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 308

That really sucks!

The only thing I can think of is to contact some online stores and tell them you're looking to make a big purchase if they can offer you a decent discount. If you're willing to compromise on brands, that might help. My first thought is Gear Express because they have sales regularly and have always treated me well. But if you have another go-to store, try them. I suppose it's also possible a local non-chain store might be willing to help you out.

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 175

if youre looking to get BD cams, you should contact them and let them know the situation. based on past experience, i would bet they will help you out.

Chris C. · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 266

Trekkin offers multiple unit purchase discounts, but it seems that their US selection has dwindled over the last few months.

Exxpozed is cheap AF (all prices are permanently 20% off at checkout due to VAT tax being included in the listed prices). They are almost constantly running random sales, "Friday Sale!", "Weekend Sale!", "Spring Sale!". The only thing is you have to pay shipping, but it's worth it with a bigger purchase. Be sure to check out the Euro gear there too.

BD is running a 20% off sale in their outlet, including their UL cams and some other small bits of gear. It comes to about 35% off.

jmmlol · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Backcountry is always running some random sale. Cam packages are all on sale right now.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply