spring ski touring partners?

Original Post
brian burke · Mar 23, 2017 · santa monica, ca · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 110
howdy. i'm on the lookout for so-cal ski touring/ski mountaineering partners for this spring in the southern and eastern sierras. I'm stoked to get out and have big days, more interested in physical challenge than sending the gnar-gnar.

have aiare level 1 and appropriate avalanche safety gear, as well as a fairly conservative decision-making mindset. have toured a bit in the sierras, pnw, and CO. mostly classic moderates like mt adams and mt hood in the pnw, mt quandary, the commando run, and the elk mtns grand traverse in CO, and carson pass, the palisaides area, and mt baldy in CA.

avail on weekends and the occasional week-day. would be psyched to do a chill tour in so-cal while the snow is still around before considering moving on to bigger things.

-brian

Colin Sander Secret Yinzer · Mar 25, 2017 · Los Angeles · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 10
hit me up Brian!

had to turn back on a tour up to Irvine in Meysan Lakes area a few weekends ago because my partner who was snowshoeing was feeling the distance.. descending is so fast & easy on skis as long as you get up getting down is no prob. the main reason we bailed was it was too hot. snow was soggy even though i knew if we could get to 10/11k it'd firm up. we turned back at 5:30am and sun was still far from up. predawn didnt change the temps though : /

I need ski touring homies ! down for quick missions. I've been skiing at / around mammoth for 10 years. down to check out / attempt Irvine again, univeristy.. palisades, and have plenty planned for up by mammoth with my brother.

really looking for a friend to ski-tour to rock climbs with late spring. this snow isnt going anywhere but i think some good tour-to climbing could be had at the needles, dana pillar, coness ...

James E. · Mar 25, 2017 · Bishop, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0
Hey you two. I live in Bishop and am looking for similar. Level II and the usual gear + rock gear. Was thinking Charlotte Dome this spring :)

jeaster@prescott.edu

amockalypsenow · Mar 25, 2017 · San Diego · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 275
going this weekend.

Jason Ringenberg · Mar 25, 2017 · South Lake Tahoe · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0
I'm in Tahoe and game pretty much any day for stuff out here. Don't work till 4 PM ever.

James E. · Mar 25, 2017 · Bishop, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0
How about Morrison Col Monday?

Howard. · 3 days ago · Irvine, CA · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 1,448

Anybody know if Baldy in socal is still in for skiing?  Being optimistic, but I've heard otherwise.

brian burke · 3 days ago · santa monica, ca · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 110

the bowl is melted out. snow is holding on north aspects up from 9000 feet or so. was happy to have running shoes and not skis up there last weekend. :-)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply