Want to Buy Bugaboos Guidebook (Chris Atkinson & Marc Piché)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
J Cor · · New York, New York · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Anyone have a version of this Bugaboos guide book they are willing to part with?
http://www.highcol.ca/

To be clear I am NOT looking for this widely available version:
https://www.amazon.com/Bugaboo-Rock-Climbing-Guide-Guides-ebook/dp/B001QFYZZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490289808&sr=8-1&keywords=bugaboos+guidebook

Steve Williams · · Denver, CO · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 0

Did you unload the mini edition?
I tried finding it on bookfinder.com and there weren't any copies found.
The American Alpine Club Library has a or multiple copies.
But you have to be a member to borrow from the library.

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 5

i know people have had trouble finding it in the past. one possible solution if you cant find it is to do as much research online before you go (you can find more online than contained in the book if you are looking to do classic routes) and print off any good info you find , then supplement that with the guidebook available in the kain hut.

Brassmonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

I'll sell you mine for $150. I'll even cover shipping and paypal fees.

Goodhue · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 10

I'd sell mine for $100 + shipping. I think a few pages may be loose but they are all there. I can send you pictures of it before you purchase.

The Bugaboos are sick!

Edit: I'll sell it for $98 plus shipping. I'll even sign it for you! :)

J Cor · · New York, New York · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Thanks Steve, yeah I found the mini edition. It has most of what I need and I'm sure with the other less well liked book I will get by. I'm just looking to do the easy clasics like I'm sure everyone else there is :). AAC library is a good idea, I'll look into it.

Appreciate the offers Brassmokey and Goodhue. If someone has one in usable condition for around $50 I'd be interested. I understand that's a tall order given the rarity of the book. If I were doing something that necessitated it or a book collector I'd certainly consider your offers more closely. I figured stars might align here so worth seeing if someone had one they wanted to let go for a lower figure.

Thanks, all.

Josh, sorry for the expensive sarcasm, wasn't planning on selling regardless!

Believe it or not I found mine a couple years ago brand new in a book shop in Canmore for the regular msrp. Apparently a book store in town had to put all their stock in storage for a few years and the local book shop was buying it a few boxes at a time. Low and behold there were 3 new copies of the guide in one of the boxes. Perfect timing for me, score!

C Brooks · · Fresno, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 461

FYI - They have photocopies of that guidebook in the hut at the Bugs. -- for free

C Brooks · · Fresno, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 461

Also several physical copies of the book you can look at

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply