Mountain Project Logo

Vedauwoo conditions?

Original Post
Mathias · · Loveland, CO · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 306

When does climbing season typically start at the Voo? I'm guessing it's still pretty wet right now.

Jeff G · · Colorado · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,098

I climbed out at the roof ranch area last Saturday. Windy but, otherwise, very nice day. Walked over one snow drift on the road but the trail and base areas were 90% snow free, even on the north side routes.
Most all of the forest service access roads are still closed, so you'll have to walk a little further depending on the area you're heading too.
Of course, that could all change at any time!

Thanks Jeff! I was hoping to head over to Valley Massif at some point soon. Although I should probably check for raptor closure before I do that.

Bill M · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 317

It is warm enough now, provided there is no wind. I am sure you will find something dry as well. Enjoy.

Thanks Bill!

Steve Hulett · · Laramie, WY · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

We went climbing at the Nautilus formation at Vedauwoo today and it was epic. Not cold and no wind. Amazing day!

Wilburn · · Boise, ID · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 386

The ground is pretty clear, but the gates are still closed.

JK- Branin · · NYC-ish · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 56

I didn't get the chance to climb any, but I drove through the area this week and did a little bit of hiking (not much, just like 30-40 minutes to stretch my legs in the middle of a 20 hour drive), and the weather was awesome.

Max Cody · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 82

Can anyone give an update on the conditions? How are things looking after today's forcasted snow? Status of the roads? Planning on heading up to Vedauwoo soon. So, if anyone needs partners, hit me up

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas
Post a Reply to "Vedauwoo conditions?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started