The Adaptive Climbing Initiative: The North Face and Paradox Sports

Original Post
Momoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 0

MMMMMkay, I will admit to being a bit biased about this one, but here is a new nation wide program that Paradox Sports is launching with HUGE (I mean yuuuuuuuge) support from The North Face.

Check it out, and hopefully you'll be seeing us in a city near you!

The North Face/Paradox Sports

Want to see adaptive climbing brought to your community? Drop me a note and I'll get you connected.

Warm fuzzies, Mo

curt86iroc · · Golden, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 3

the video was shot at ET in Golden. I've seen the adaptive climbing group there on many occasions and i have nothing but praise for the program, instructors and members!!

Nick Andrasik · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hey, I climbed with you a bunch at the Mardi Gras flash comp a few weeks back! Glad to see you guys getting a ton of exposure.

If there is anything I can do to help, shout out!

sherb · · Loveland, Ohio & Wheat Ridg... · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

I love what Paradox sports is doing, and originally signed up as a volunteer for the Earth Treks event last week. I expected I would only be belaying and not climbing. However, I don't have an ET membership and it seemed I had to pay $15 to get in to belay. Wondering if there are any events to volunteer time without paying a gym entrance fee.

@sherb, as long as you're not climbing, volunteers can volunteer for free. However, we always encourage our volunteers to climb too as that really contributes a lot to the community aspect, blurring the line between abled and disabled, so then you'd have to pay the discounted rate of $15 (down from $21) which is the same the participants pay. I hope that makes sense, and I hope we get to see you again!

Basically, I'm a participant and I feel real shitty when I just have someone belay slave me all night, and volunteers that only belay seem to not come back often.

And dangit, last week was the first ET night I've missed in a LOOOONG time! I'll be at the next one for sure!

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 200

Well, not to name drop or anything... but I've climbed with Maureen before. So yeah, I know someone on TV! Or a climbing video... whatever.

EeT · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

This is sooo awesome!!! I am very impressed with anyone who dose not let there differences in the way of there passion. Not to drift but I would really like to hook up with any def climbers. Is there a def climbing group?? I'm learning ASL and have climbed with the hearing impaired before

sherb · · Loveland, Ohio & Wheat Ridg... · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

Cool, I didn't know I could climb also! I'll look for the next one.

Line is definitely blurred. From my point of view, the participants in the video are amazingly abled. Tie a hand behind my back or a leg up and I would be flailing all over the place and barely get off the ground.

I know what you mean about feeling bad not trading belays, I feel bad when people do stuff for me when sick/injured.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply