Mountain Project Logo

ANC - Talkeetna options

Original Post
diepj · · PDX · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

What would be the current recommendation for transport from ANC to Talkeetna with a grocery stop?

In the past we've gone with Gary @ Go Purple. Adjusting for the fact that things just flow a little differently in the North Country it worked out well enough.

Anything new happening up there? Commercial, informal, whatever.

Ibra Cetindemir · · Williston, North Dakota · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 5

I am also looking for a ride along with 2 other people + like 6 bags on May 15, if anyone is down to give us a lift for $ hit me up.

Jacob Krenn · · La Valle, WI · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 120

My buddy Joe helps run talkeetnataxi.com , a service that will shuttle individuals and groups from Anchorage to Talkeetna. Other options include taking the train, or coordinating with a guide service. I don't believe Uber has set up shop in Anchorage yet, although I've heard that they plan to very soon.

ChapelPondGirl · · Keene, NY · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 20

I used Talkeetna Tax when I was there in 08. Perfectly reasonable.

diepj · · PDX · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Thanks for the tips!

We'll check out TT as well.

ShiverBivy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 10
diepj wrote:What would be the current recommendation for transport from ANC to Talkeetna with a grocery stop? In the past we've gone with Gary @ Go Purple. Adjusting for the fact that things just flow a little differently in the North Country it worked out well enough. Anything new happening up there? Commercial, informal, whatever.
I am looking for a ride or people(s) to share a ride with from Anchorage to Talkeetna on the afternoon of May 22.

Let me know if interested or if you know of someone who might be able to help or is traveling on those dates!

Cheers,

Aaron
Joe Kluberton · · Talkeetna, AK · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 5
  1. Denali overland 907-733-2384, Go Purple (have to book through the web), the train, or Talkeetna Taxi 907-355-8294
Kerr Adams · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 105

Albert at Talkeetna Taxi has been great to work with. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply