Cordillera Blanca Peru, June-July

Original Post
John Simmonds · · Fernie, BC · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Assuming that the current weather hitting Peru doesn't change things, I'm heading to Peru in June/July. Currently without a partner/s - perhaps you are interested in joining for some or all of that time? Planning on routes with moderate technical difficulty - up to 5.4ish rock and 60 degreeish ice.

I've been climbing for about 5 years, mostly in the Canadian Rockies. This is my first trip to bigger peaks though I have travelled in South America before.

Reedrombo · · Home is where you park it · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 30

Hey John,

I'm heading down to The Cordillera for June/July as well. I'm coming down with a partner for the full time. We're going to make a run up Copa as a warm up. Three works well on that, then we're getting on Alpamayo and Artesonraju where 2 is quicker, after that we plan on Huascaran as well, where 3 is good. So if you haven't found a partner by then you can definitely join us for those two summits! That being said, if you do find a partner, would you be interested in finding a place to rent for the two months, all 4 of us? Could be relatively cheap and way more secure than a hostel. Don't reply to me here, shoot me an email at crrombough(at)gmail.com and lets chat!

-Reed

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply