Mountain Project Logo

WTB bail biners

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Lucas Callahan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Looking to buy some extra biners to use as bail biners or if you want to give em up thats cool too.

Evan Deis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2009 · Points: 157

$14

EJD wrote:$14
how many?
Jack Mullen · · Oceanside, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

For trad I often will use these because they're cheap but I don't use them for sport because they're not as quick to remove as their name implies... ww.e-rigging.com/three-eighths-inch-Quick-Link?gclid=CJ7gp8rF59ICFcq2wAodsnQFDQ

will ar · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 270

Don't buy a biner to be used solely for bailing. Climb a little longer and you will either start to acquire biners that others have left on sport routes when they bailed or you will have older biners of your own that you don't like very much, have sticky gates, or just don't get used as much because you have newer/better biners now. If you have to leave a biner before that point then I guess you're out a few bucks, but probably no more than you would have been if you bought a cheap biner that stayed on your harness for the sole purpose of bailing.

Gummy · · Akron, OH · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 795
will ar wrote:Don't buy a biner to be used solely for bailing. Climb a little longer and you will either start to acquire biners that others have left on sport routes when they bailed or you will have older biners of your own that you don't like very much, have sticky gates, or just don't get used as much because you have newer/better biners now.
I could not agree more, for my crew it is seen as one of the greatest sins to leave a bail biner. You collect them as you progress in your grades. That being said if you are insistent on buying some I have a couple hundred, you tell me how many you want!
. · · Asheville NC · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 540

I agree with Will ar dont buy things to bail on
these are dirt cheap though and I bet you they have them at your local hardware store
antiquelampsupply.com/produ…

Scott Campbell · · Suwanee Ga · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 15

I always thought those were called bail a biners

GummyFuss wrote: I could not agree more, for my crew it is seen as one of the greatest sins to leave a bail biner. You collect them as you progress in your grades. That being said if you are insistent on buying some I have a couple hundred, you tell me how many you want!
this sounds a whole lot more fun than spending money.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply