Mountain Project Logo

Moab weather 3/25-4/2?

Original Post
Sage Maas · · Ventura, CA · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 67

I've been planning a trip to Moab for weeks and this morning the prediction had rain only the 27th and the 1st but now the predictions have it at 26th, 27th, 30th, and 1st. Anyone know how accurate the 10 day forecast is for Moab and how long you have to stay off the sandstone? Any help is much appreciated.

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121

Do you mean March/April, or May/June like your post reads? If it rains, an absolute minimum of 24 hrs, but if you are looking at May/June, don't worry about it. Probably be too hot then to let the rain hit the ground.

Sage Maas · · Ventura, CA · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 67

Thanks Eric, just woke up from a nap. Don't know how I wrote those dates. Edited the post.

Andy Novak · · Bailey, CO · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 370

I'm facing a similar issue down in Zion. Early in the week you/we may not get to much climbing; start exploring hiking options. Hopefully later in the week things may dry out? Definitely a wet week ahead for us Spring Breakers. Bummer. Las Vegas/Red Rock looks super dry though!

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121

I live in Junction, less than two hours from Moab, and many times the rain doesn't hit the ground there, but if you are there, and it rains, you are screwed.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Moab weather 3/25-4/2?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started