WTB Belay Gloves

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
PilotChris · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 0

Looking to buy fingerless belay gloves, size small or medium, any condition.

Luna Luna · · New Haven, CT · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

message sent

bump, thanks for the message!

Jack C. · · Idaho · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 175

Go to the hardware store and chop the fingers off some $10 leather gloves. I've got a pair of $12 mechanix originals that I've put thousands of rap feet on without wearing through the palms at all. Can't say that about the couple of pairs of BD belay gloves I burned through in a single day out doing ropework.

Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 21,755

recycle sporting good stores sell weight lifting, batting, or MTB gloves, all of which if well made can be great, and fit far better than garden work gloves.

Ian Cavanaugh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 600

go to hardware store/gas station. get the deer skin for $11 and cut the fingers off, or don't. they work awesome and will last just as long as any other pair you pay $40 for.

Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 488
Jack C. wrote:Go to the hardware store and chop the fingers off some $10 leather gloves. I've got a pair of $12 mechanix originals that I've put thousands of rap feet on without wearing through the palms at all. Can't say that about the couple of pairs of BD belay gloves I burned through in a single day out doing ropework.
this

Thanks, I like the quality of Metolius so bump, still looking if anyone wants to sell1

wing thing · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 55

Why not just use a pair of weightlifting gloves? Most of them are fingerless and relatively cheap. 

I would rather stick with a climbing specific, I'm aware of all the suggests people have posted, but I like the construction and quality of these.

Bump, anyone done some spring cleaning!?

Bump if anyone has any to sell

Chase Giltner · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Buy some black diamond crag half finger gloves. They're like $12 on sale, $15 retail. 

Joe Prescott · · Fort Collins · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0

Firm grip Trademaster work gloves for $12 at Home Depot have  held up way better than friends' Metolius gloves, and handle the rope great and no real sadness if they are lost. Buying "belay gloves" is a huge rip-off.

jp

Idaho Ian · · Pocatello, ID · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 0

You've been looking for used gloves for 4 months? Lol

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply