Looking for partner in May - Yosemite

Original Post
Renata Ravanelli · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I have just had a cancellation from a partner for a three week trip to Yosemite in May, I already bought the Tickets, I'm flying from Brazil.

I decided just go and see who I might be able to find to climbing.

I like all kind of climbing, boulders, trads and so on. So I'm looking for partners

Bryan G · · Yosemite · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 5,038

Just FYI, there is a maximum stay limit of 7 nights in Yosemite Valley during that time. You have to show your passport when checking into Camp 4 and they strictly enforce this rule. The only legit options after that is to either camp outside the park and drive in/out every day (awful), or climb a bunch of big walls and spend most of your nights on a portaledge. Most climbers instead choose to camp illegally out in the forest somewhere. Just be prepared for a sort of shitty camping experience.

If you don't line up a partner on here, it will be super easy to find someone once you're in Yosemite. There is a bulletin board at the registration kiosk in Camp 4. There you will find many notes from climbers looking for partners for routes of all different grades and lengths.

Christopher K. · · Summerlin, NV · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 170

Oi Renata. Tudo bem? Sou um cara que fala Portugues, e eu talvez vou la em Maio com um amigo meu.

When you get to the States, if you want to chat more, let me know. My trip will only be for a few days however. And Bryan's comments are well founded and will hopefully give you time to plan what you want to do before you arrive.

Ian Brenn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

I will be in Yosemite for most of may and will be looking for partners. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up

Ben Karin · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 15

I'll have some time off in May, and definitely want to do some Yosemite climbing! Got quite a few routes on the list for this spring. I live a few hours away in Berkeley. What grade are you comfortable leading/following for trad?

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Hey Renata and Ben. I'm down for lots of days in May. Live on the peninsula and have weekdays and weekends off. Plenty of gear. Scott

Bryan G wrote:Just FYI, there is a maximum stay limit of 7 nights in Yosemite Valley during that time. You have to show your passport when checking into Camp 4 and they strictly enforce this rule. The only legit options after that is to either camp outside the park and drive in/out every day (awful), or climb a bunch of big walls and spend most of your nights on a portaledge. Most climbers instead choose to camp illegally out in the forest somewhere. Just be prepared for a sort of shitty camping experience. If you don't line up a partner on here, it will be super easy to find someone once you're in Yosemite. There is a bulletin board at the registration kiosk in Camp 4. There you will find many notes from climbers looking for partners for routes of all different grades and lengths.
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it! Yes I'm aware about the 7 days limit. It's not my intention break this rule. Nice to know about the bulletin board, I happy to see the tips, looks like will be easier to find a partner so!
Christopher K. wrote:Oi Renata. Tudo bem? Sou um cara que fala Portugues, e eu talvez vou la em Maio com um amigo meu. When you get to the States, if you want to chat more, let me know. My trip will only be for a few days however. And Bryan's comments are well founded and will hopefully give you time to plan what you want to do before you arrive.
Hi Christopher,

Tudo bem e com você? Que ótimo encontrar alguém que fala Portugues!
Sure, let's keep in touch!
Ben Karin wrote:I'll have some time off in May, and definitely want to do some Yosemite climbing! Got quite a few routes on the list for this spring. I live a few hours away in Berkeley. What grade are you comfortable leading/following for trad?
Hi Ben,

I'd like to try some easy trads first, to feel Yosemite and the style there, I know it is really different from what we have here in Brazil, special about the cracks. My grade in sport is around 5.12b, however to lead a trad I think I will be comfortable around 5.11a. What routes do you have in mind?
Lenny Kozlov · · San Francisco · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 5

Hey Renata

I'm in San Francisco and go to the valley pretty often

shoot me a PM in advance and I'd join. I planned to spend a week or two in May there

Sahraoui Shivago · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Renata, I just moved to SF and I am looking for partners as well. I am open and I am free

Renata Ravanelli wrote:I have just had a cancellation from a partner for a three week trip to Yosemite in May, I already bought the Tickets, I'm flying from Brazil. I decided just go and see who I might be able to find to climbing. I like all kind of climbing, boulders, trads and so on. So I'm looking for partners
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply