Recommendations for new climbing shoes

Original Post
Kevin Mcbride · · Nelson · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 155

I just sold a pair of shoes out of my quiver with the intention of trimming down my shoe collection. Unfortunately I have a legitimate problem and feel like I need a new pair to fill the void. The problem is I dont know what to buy, so I was hoping the fine people of MP would be able to enable me in my addiction. I climb a shit load of trad and sport with the bi weekly alpine trip thrown, primarily on granite or gneiss. I already have TC pros, Miura VS, solutions, and moccs. I know this is kind of dumb but I'd appreciate all the suggestions.

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

Katana lace.

ScottJM · · Montana · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

Anasazi Pinks

sherb · · Loveland, Ohio & Wheat Ridg... · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

I just added to this:

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/whats-in-your-shoe-quiver/107121606__1

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 15

You have a shoe fetish and need to seek help from a professional. Good luck and godspeed.

sherb · · Loveland, Ohio & Wheat Ridg... · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0
FrankPS wrote:You have a shoe fetish and need to seek help from a professional. Good luck and godspeed.
Agreed... I need help.
Jack Stephenson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Try the new kataki, looks promising

Andrewww · · Concord, NH · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 110

Anasazi Blancos

Khoi · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 0
Kevin Mcbride wrote:I just sold a pair of shoes out of my quiver with the intention of trimming down my shoe collection. Unfortunately I have a legitimate problem and feel like I need a new pair to fill the void. The problem is I dont know what to buy, so I was hoping the fine people of MP would be able to enable me in my addiction. I climb a shit load of trad and sport with the bi weekly alpine trip thrown, primarily on granite or gneiss. I already have TC pros, Miura VS, solutions, and moccs. I know this is kind of dumb but I'd appreciate all the suggestions.
Then I shouldn't give you any suggestions as that would be aiding you in failing to achieve your original goal.
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 45

Uh, yeah...it looks like you have a pretty good quiver. Why buy shoes just to buy shoes? Is there an area of weakness you've experienced in your quiver?

Kevin Mcbride · · Nelson · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 155
Ted Pinson wrote:Uh, yeah...it looks like you have a pretty good quiver. Why buy shoes just to buy shoes? Is there an area of weakness you've experienced in your quiver?
I guess I'm looking for something slightly more aggressive and sensitive than the tc's but not as aggressive as the miura vs's.
MikeOH · · Hartford, CT · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

I've worn both the Vs. And love my TCs. I think the Muiras Lace are my favorite shoe and a good in between of those two shoes. Great all around shoe.

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

I guess I'm looking for something slightly more aggressive and sensitive than the tc's but not as aggressive as the miura vs's. Cue up Muscrat I think. He's got a good explanation of why katana lace. Similar last shape as TCs but down turned, more sensitive and edges very well.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0
Kevin Mcbride wrote: I guess I'm looking for something slightly more aggressive and sensitive than the tc's but not as aggressive as the miura vs's.
You just described the Katana lace.
Chris Fedorczak · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0
Kevin Mcbride wrote: I guess I'm looking for something slightly more aggressive and sensitive than the tc's but not as aggressive as the miura vs's.
Katana Lace
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply