Requesting Red Rock Rendezvous Crag List

Original Post
james schaefer · · Henderson, NV · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 10

Hi hi,
So, most previous years, we've seen a list of crags for the rendezvous get posted here at about this time. It really helps us locals to avoid crowding your amazingly awesome clinics!

how about it, can some awesome person with the inside scoop post the list for this year?

Cheers!

Rather than be completely helpless, I've looked up the list from LAST YEAR.

LINK to last year's list

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

http://www.cvent.com/events/red-rock-rendezvous-2017/custom-18-9e4c2f5d4fa44d9e9952c80eb9f9fdf7.aspx

thanks frank!

Adventure Chumps · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 20

Here's all the crags that will be used at the Rendezvous.

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/red-rock/105731932

D Young · · Las Vegas, Nevada · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 315

Adventure Chumps: I take it you are saying all of Red Rock. So true!

FrankPS: thanks for the link. It looks very official

However, I guide in Red Rock and relied on this list to take clients out today. There is no mention of Calico Basin being used for any clinics on this list. So that's where we headed. WRONG! RRR groups on Cowlick, Gnat Man, Existential and God knows where else. It's just like the arrogant AAI to post one list for the public and another different list for their guides to follow. I say that because I told one of the guides that Calico Basin wasn't on "the list" and he said it was on "his list".

I experienced the same thing last year. Meetup Wall was not on their list. I'm up cleaning an anchor and 15 RRRers walk in. Then the arrogant guide yells up to me "Hey! Can you set our ropes up? It would really help us out!" Maybe you can imagine my response. I then said "you aren't even supposed to be at this crag". Answer: "We didn't like where we were supposed to go".

How am I supposed to plan quality outings with my clients when the AAI/RRR is going anywhere they please regardless of the rest of the users? Smells very arrogant to me.

thedogfather Dower · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 125

That list is not complete. As one of the trail guides for the Rendezvous, I have USS Crag and that is not on the list. I also know that Meetup Wall is being used.

Andrew Yasso · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 215

Dan,

What about us (AAI) is arrogant? Every time I come out and come across you I speak highly of you in front of your guests. I try to accommodate and work around/with you. We all have our own styles and yours may not match mine but I don't speak ill of yours and try to give you space to give your guests the best experience. We must share the crag - before, during, and after the rendezvous.

If you want to create a feud between us all then feel free, but I won't be participating. All you would have needed to do is come talk to me today, I'm sure you knew it was me instructing at the Existential Crag and I would have been happy to adjust. In the very first link posted on this forum, you'll see Jason Martin's words which say that we are instructed to work with all other parties to not completely monopolize crags. But I need you to approach me to make this happen.

Your experience last year is lame if true. I highly doubt it was an AAI guide, as we receive lengthy briefings about how doing what you claim is not allowed. There is a chance it was an RRR athlete, and if you know who it was please let us know because that person will not be welcome back to the RRR.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply