Climbing partners near Minneapolis

Original Post
Grant Koehler · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I live in Minneapolis and am looking to meet some climbing partners around the area. I usually frequent Taylor's Falls on the weekend. Just starting to get into trad and sport climbing outdoors. I climb mid-high 10's, confidant in my anchor skills, and lead belaying.

Mike Kubes · · Duluth MN · Joined May 2014 · Points: 103

Hey Grant, I'v been itching to get out on real rock as well. I live in Duluth and I primarily climb trad around 5.10 ish. I'm very safety orientated and currently pursuing certification through the AMGA.

BryanE · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 335

I'm in the area and like trad climbing. I might be going out to Taylor's on Sunday (already with 1 or two people - but we could always get multiple ropes going). Let me know if you want to head out.

Mike - I love climbing up on the north shore (palisade, section 13, mystical mountain, etc). Let me know if you would ever like a partner as well. I'm competent with my systems and psyched to climb.

Mike Kubes · · Duluth MN · Joined May 2014 · Points: 103

I work in healthcare and have a 4 day weekend every week. I'm usually free Saturday afternoons though Tuesdays.

Anyone interested in hitting the Black Hills, Devils Tower or Thunder Bay this season?

Grant Koehler · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Mike, that's awesome that you are pursuing your AMEGA certification. I also take a very safety oriented approach to my learning. My job is flexible so I can take 3 or 4 day weekends, I would be interested in venturing out of state this summer. Also heading up to the north shore is feasible on a Sunday.

Bryan, I would love to get out to Taylor's on Sunday. I will pm you with my contact information​.

Isaac Fuhr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Adding to this thread here. I'm also looking for a climbing partner. Love the outdoors, sport climbing or top rope. Haven't gotten into trad yet, but I want to learn some day. Even just hitting up vertical endeavors is more fun with a partner. Auto-belay gets old.  I'm free most sundays and Monday and Tuesday evenings. 

PNW-Alex · · Saint Cloud, MN · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I'll throw my hat in the ring on this one as well.  I live up in St. Cloud but am interested in getting out and climbing, contact me if looking for a competent, safe partner for TR, sport or trad.

-alex

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply