Mountain Project Logo

Rock climbing infographic

Original Post
Mitch Hoffman · · Fonda NY · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 220
M Alexander · · SLO, CA · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 20

That page is a true miracle, what a delight reading that.

"Shawn Michaels" is definitely not a native English speaker. I also reverse image searched a lot of his stuff, all generic and not him. Very interesting.

UPDATE: Found out who runs that site, his name is Muhammad from Islamabad! What a fun rabbit hole I just went down.

Its Isaac · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

"If rock climbing is being pursued competitively, the importance of the outfit increases tenfold."

Suddenly the dead bird t-shirts and Patagonia beanies make so much more sense!!

Matt Himmelstein · · Orange, California · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 125

What tipped you off that it was written by a non-climber? Maybe the really terrible descriptions of the types of climbing?

Matt Stroebel · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 115

It sort of reads like Aleks got drunk and wrote it.

Gunks Jesse · · Shawangunk Township, NY · Joined May 2014 · Points: 233

This site looks to be a class project. Likely an english language learner combining his love for a popular activity he identifies with but can't access in Islamabad with the requirement to use Adobe products to create an infographic and a website. My guess is he is grinning from ear-to-ear right now watching his hit rate go up while all the other kids in his class have just their family members visiting their websites. Because of this he will likely get an A+ and will feature his infographic and website in the local technology fair and will win that as well (based on the shear volume of Americans visiting the website from climbing locations enjoying and learning from his well researched instruction. This will move him to produce films. We will soon see another Vertical Limit film from a young film maker from Islamabad. It will feature traditional climbing, which, "As the name suggests, this is the common most way of engaging in the sport. Traditional rock climbing is all about simplicity and following this passion for the sake of fun." It will have people climbing with no protection (i.e. helments) in proper climbing footwear (i.e. tennis shoes).

I can't wait! Thanks for sharing this gem!

M Alexander · · SLO, CA · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 20

That website is a site for amazon deals, he gets money for every purchase that is directed from his site.

Gunks Jesse · · Shawangunk Township, NY · Joined May 2014 · Points: 233
Mitch Alexander wrote:That website is a site for amazon deals, he gets money for every purchase that is directed from his site.
Your correct but I still like my version.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply