1/2 " Climbtech RB's (11 total never used) $330 Boulder area

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Trask · · Broomfield · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 200
Albert Kim · · Telluride, CO · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 20

I'll ask what everyone else is thinking!
Has anyone here ever actually placed or whipped on one of these? Looking for a first hand answer not the video of the climbtech guy whipping on it on purpose.
Also, how much for one? Would consider purchasing for the novelty.

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,067
Albert Kim wrote:I'll ask what everyone else is thinking! Has anyone here ever actually placed or whipped on one of these? Looking for a first hand answer not the video of the climbtech guy whipping on it on purpose. Also, how much for one? Would consider purchasing for the novelty.
Just as an FYI, they aren't really intended to be placed and whipped on, they are generally used for bolting new routes and they do work great for this purpose. The real question is why anyone would have 11 of these, 2 or 3 would usually be about all you need.

Jesus christ people...... I am a rope access technician and we use these things all the time for aid climbing under LOTS of roofs in a commercial setting. I ask that all of you shut down your brains for a second. I have a lot of these left over from a job and don't need them. ITs very simple, I have 11 of them for sale at $30 a pop when they normally go for $70 a pop new. These have never been used and its a simple sale. I and (the cumulative we) don't need every Tom Dick and Harry coming on here to spray all kinds of shit about the pros and cons of these things.

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,067
Trask wrote: I and (the cumulative we) don't need every Tom Dick and Harry coming on here to spray all kinds of shit about the pros and cons of these things.
Well, as you are trying to sell them, I would think that having more information about them available on the very thread in which you are trying to sell them would be a good thing. Two questions for you though, are you willing to split them up, and are you willing to ship?
Ken Noyce wrote: Well, as you are trying to sell them, I would think that having more information about them available on the very thread in which you are trying to sell them would be a good thing. Two questions for you though, are you willing to split them up, and are you willing to ship?
Hey there Ken, I know it seems like there should be more to the sale of these RB's, but there really doesn't need to be any. They are 1/2 " RB's. Anyone thinking about buying them should know what they are and what they are used for. (there is also the internet for that intel). On to your question. I would prefer to sell the whole lot of them. I have some friends already interested in larger chunks than 1 or 2 that are local, so no.... Not really looking to getting into the whole mail thing.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply