The dryer ate my dyneema socks again!

Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

They are "climbing" and "slacklining" in theses dyneema socks so, I thought I'd share:

https://gearjunkie.com/dyneema-sock-shoe

I guess these have been around for a bit now. First time I saw them, however.

Gavin W · · Surrey, BC · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 23

This popped up on my Facebook feed earlier this week, and I think it's pretty stupid. The claim that Dyneema is "stronger than steel" is referring to its tensile strength. Anyone who has used Dyneema slings while climbing can tell you that they are just as prone to abrasion as nylon, and these socks certainly won't stop a puncture of any kind (something that their advertising suggests without ever outright saying). It's a total gimmick, and I wouldn't be surprised if the founders sold their business as soon as the kickstarter is finished.

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

There really isn't an unmatched feeling of having wet sandy socks and trying to hike in them all day without fucking your feet up. Really, I would recommend these socks for everyone as they pretty much probably suck major ass and more than likely not even close to Darn Toughs durability. Throw your money away! You don't want to be buried with a pile of cash anyway you lame asses!

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 930

i think your dryer probably did you a huge favor...

Conor Byrne · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 42

What's great is they can double as a PAS threaded between legs. Think of the possibilities

Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

I hear you can special order a pair for your Morton's Toe.

Dharma Bum · · Glen Haven, Co · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 430

I'm surprised these aren't all the rage in Boulder.

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 930

they were, like ten years ago. now those folks can't walk anymore so they just post to the knitting websites.

Kevin Mcbride · · Nelson · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 155

Well shit... If this is what's cool, then I think I've lost all touch with today's society

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply