Mountain Project Logo

WTB: BD Bullet Pack (or very similar)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 23,255

Wanted:
Old style Back Diamond Bullet Backpack, or something similar.
Must hold up to chimney/hauling, so nothing "lightweight."
Must be small enough to fit well between shoulders, below the helmet and above the waist, and flexible enough so as not to interfere with advanced climbing (IE: long 5.11 trad routes, that's the point.
I liked my old BD Bullet Pack, but that is somewhere in a cab in Egypt, last I knew, so I need something new.
I'm open to suggestions. Got something you loved but quit using?

Tico · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 0

The cilogear 20l is superior to the bullet.

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 750
MOCHILLA , / tufa-climbing,

I know, not a super lightweight option & seemingly to large. . . .
(You don't have to fill it ) . . . . .
Russ turns out a ruthlessly indestructible bag,
maybe buy him a beer & make a request?
.(there were just some custom "small bags, for bolt kits" available!)
But short of a "Texas Duffel", you can't go wrong with the
Atom Smasher Deluxe
a constant work horse - excellent durability - great value, proud 'merican small business
Great gear.
Kaihaku · · Kaneohe, Hawaii · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 15

A Patagonia black hole maybe? I don't own one personally but I know someone who uses it for scrambling, and hauls it behind him after he has climbed up a section.

Interesting.
I suppose finding one someone would recommend cheap and used is going to be tough. People don't sell gear they like and use.

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,045

have you thought about getting a new one? they are pretty freaking cheap and come in a few sizes. i love mine, for sure.

slim wrote:have you thought about getting a new one? they are pretty freaking cheap and come in a few sizes. i love mine, for sure.
I've heard from a few sources that the new ones are different, and according to some, "un-preferred."
Brian · · North Kingstown, RI · Joined Sep 2001 · Points: 650
Tony B wrote: I've heard from a few sources that the new ones are different, and according to some, "un-preferred."
Yeah the old ones are much better. They use to be made out of a sturdy ballistic cloth and had a daisy chain of clips along the top. Now they are made of a flimsier material and no daisy chain. BD screwed up the design.
climbskihike · · Bay Area, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 250

I have an original BD black cordura bullet pack with the daisy chain that goes over the top on the outside. I bought it when they first came out and it served me well for a number of years. It is well used, but still serviceable. Definitely has some sentimental value as I used it on a lot of great climbs but I haven't used it in years so it may be time to let it go.

If you are interested PM me with your email and I can send a few pictures...

Michael Scott · · Salida, Colorado · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 0

Got one for you. $25 shipped. PM me if interested.

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,045
Tony B wrote: I've heard from a few sources that the new ones are different, and according to some, "un-preferred."
interesting, i would have to look at an old one. so far i have really liked mine and it has held up really well. i generally don't clip too much to the outside so i haven't noticed the lack of a daisy on it.
Linnaeus · · NZ · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

Arc'Teryx Fly is similar to the BD Bullet. Awesome multi pitch pack.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply