Lost blue CAMP USA gear bag during drive from Houston to Mt. Lemmon, AZ.

Original Post
Kendall Friedman · Mar 14, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0
Total shot in the dark here but I lost my fully loaded CAMP USA gear bag during drive from Houston to Mt. Lemmon. Bag most likely fell out the bed of the truck but it should also be noted that we did make a stop in El Paso and the truck was left unattended for a brief period.
Shoes were clipped externally to the bag.

Contents2

Contents 3

Contents 4

Most likely should be counted as a loss but was hoping to run into some luck on here.

Any contributions would help a lot.
https://www.gofundme.com/lost-climbing-gear

jmmlol · Mar 15, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0
No, I will not fund your mistake.

Brassmonkey · Mar 15, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0
Smh...

Eduardo De Assis · Mar 15, 2017 · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0
Gofundme should be used for real hardships (cancer, death, accidents, etc) I know it sucks to lose gear but setting up a gofundme for this is absolutely ridiculous.

Leandra Miller · Mar 15, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0
Are yall even climbers? Climbing community is supposed to be supportive.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk!

KARMA.

good luck to those unwilling to be kind and supportive. Because what goes around comes around.

Leandra Miller · Mar 15, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0
Eduardo Freitas de Assis wrote:Gofundme should be used for real hardships (cancer, death, accidents, etc) I know it sucks to lose gear but setting up a gofundme for this is absolutely ridiculous.
BTW @ Eduardo Freitas de Assis, I have copied and pasted the definition as defined by gofundme.com

What is Gofundme used for?

The short answer is: you can use GoFundMe for just about anything.

Most people use GoFundMe to raise money for themselves, a loved one, or a friend-in-need during life's most important moments. This can include anything from medical expenses, education costs, trips & aspirations, volunteer programs, youth sports, funerals & memorials, or animals & pets. GoFundMe can also be used to raise money for your favorite charity. Learn
more here.

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/204912047-What-can-I-use-GoFundMe-for-

jmmlol · Mar 15, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0
Leandra Miller wrote:Are yall even climbers? Climbing community is supposed to be supportive. Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk! KARMA. good luck to those unwilling to be kind and supportive. Because what goes around comes around.
Tough luck. I hope OP has learned the importance of tying your stuff down or having a camper shell. Climbing is a hobby and no one is paying medical bills in this case.

Marc801 C · Mar 15, 2017 · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
Leandra Miller wrote:Are yall even climbers? Climbing community is supposed to be supportive. Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk! KARMA. good luck to those unwilling to be kind and supportive. Because what goes around comes around.
Perhaps, but having a friend who was involved in a serious car crash resulting in a leg amputation because some clown couldn't be bothered to secure the stuff in the back of his pick-up gives me a dim view of people who don't do that.

Brassmonkey · Mar 15, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0
Leandra Miller wrote:Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk! KARMA. good luck to those unwilling to be kind and supportive. Because what goes around comes around.
Ummmm, I'm not sure what your definition of a jerk is but nobody on this thread is being a jerk. They all seem like quite relaxed measured responses.

Quite frankly I would feel like a jerk if I lost something and asked someone else...I didnt even know...to replace it.

I would also never pay for someone to buy a PAS or Tarantulace shoes so there's that too.

Kendall Friedman · Mar 15, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0
Didn't mean to offend anyone who associates GoFundMe with traumatic ailment. I've seen GoFundMe be utilized in my community for something as simple as buying a new shirt for a friend who wears the same one all the time.

I started this thread as a move of desparation hoping someone already had my gear somewhere and was looking on here as a way to find its owner. The odds of that being the case felt so low, I was also hoping for some encouragement. What feels more devastating than the time it took to accumulate the equipment was rather the sentimental value of all the experiences associated with them.

Marc801 C · Mar 15, 2017 · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
Kendall Friedman wrote:What feels more devastating than the time it took to accumulate the equipment was rather the sentimental value of all the experiences associated with them.
Without a doubt. I had a camera stolen when I was in college. The biggest regret wasn't losing the camera, but the exposed film in it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply