Mountain Project Logo

Free-Solo Climbing

Original Post
Tyler Cockrell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I'm looking for someone that has free-solo climbed or free-solo climbs frequently to shoot a few questions to through Email. This is for a school project. Mainly a few questions about why you do it, how you like it etc. All thoughts welcome....Thanks

christoph benells · · tahoma · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 235

oh I free climb all the time.

i do it because i like to climb and soloing stuff is too scary so i use a bunch of stuff like cams and caribiners and bolts to keep me safe.

i like it because its fun and i dont die if i fall, and its so much faster than aid climbing.

the kosak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

hey OP, as the previous poster implied, I'm pretty sure you're asking about free solo climbing.. free climbing is just free of aid, which is the use of devices like atriers or ascenders for vertical progress, and aid is pretty much only used on alpine and big wall climbing.

Tyler Cockrell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks guys for pointing it out I meant to put that, I'll edit it.

Kevin Mcbride · · Nelson · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 160
Tyler Cockrell wrote:I'm looking for someone that has free-solo climbed or free-solo climbs frequently to shoot a few questions to through Email. This is for a school project. Mainly a few questions about why you do it, how you like it etc. All thoughts welcome....Thanks
I seem to free solo more than I'd like to admit openly on mountain project, my email is kevinmcb98@gmail.com if you want to pick my brain a little.
that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 205

Msg me through MP it all just goes to my email.

Paul Hutton · · Dirtbaggin · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 706

I'm a candidate.

Hobo Greg · · My Van · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 145

If I ever go back and do that route again, I have the chance to be the world's second redpoint free soloist (James Lucas). I've since soloed just not the one that almost got me. PM goes to my email.

Stiles · · the Mountains · Joined May 2003 · Points: 840

Master of Stone V (FIVE) is recommended watching

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply