Mountain Project Logo

Cliffs in Reno

Original Post
Tapawingo Markey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 75

Hey all, anyone know anything about the cliffs/canyon due east of Damonte Ranch? Only access road I saw said closed due to lead contamination but from afar the cliff band looks promising. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's scoped it out, any info??

HaustinM · · reno, nv · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 15

I've hiked up in there from the neighborhood below. Pretty loose stuff at first glance but i didn't spend too much time looking at it. there were some smaller cliffs deep in the canyon that looked like some single pitch potential. Wouldn't mind going up there again to poke around

johnnyrig · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 105

Junk. I've stood on top of them, after hiking up. Don't recall anything I'd want to climb. There's a developed area due west up out of Arrow Creek, and if you head up Mt Rose highway and cut south above steamboat hotsprings there's at least one bolted line, some iffy trad, and bouldering on the south end of the top of the mountain. Also, cliffs north of 80 in Mogul, and of course River Rock. But those above Damonte on the east side? Maybe the south side of the canyon you could slough a line out of one outcrop; but I doubt it.

Mind you, I only climb easy stuff. Actually, I just pretend to be a climber on the interwebz. I'm knot serious about it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply