Mountain Project Logo

Asheville partner/guide for March 16th-19th

Original Post
Tyler Smeenk · · Laramie, WY · Joined Nov 2005 · Points: 305

I'm taking a vacation out to the Great Smoky Mountains area from the 15th through the 19th. Fly into Asheville on the 15th (Wednesday, but don't get in till around 4 pm that day. Then fly out on the 19th (Sunday) at around 7 pm. I will be staying in Gatlinburg for the duration, although I'm open to camping or whatever. I have a free hotel room (using my Holiday Inn points). Also have a rental Jeep Renegade.

So yeah, would love to find some partners to climb with and show me the area. Was obviously looking a lot at Looking Glass, looks pretty sweet. I mostly climb trad, but will climb anything. I did tear an A2 pulley awhile back, and don't really feel comfortable crimping very hard on it. So, I'd like to climb things in the 5.8 to 5.10 range, and maybe 5.11'ish (easy side of 11). And, I don't climb that hard anyway, just love to get out.

I do maybe have a climbing partner or more for the weekend coming up from Atlanta. But nothing is totally set in stone yet.

Also bringing a fly rod with me, and I'm always down to try whatever. I just have always wanted to check out the area!

So hit me up if you are interested in swapping belays, or fishing, or hiking, or whatever.

My cell is 605-381-7532, or reply back on here, or email me at wyosmeenk@gmail.com, or send a Pony Express to Lyons, CO.

Any bluegrass concerts you know of going on while I'm out there?? I want to hear how Appalachian pickin sounds :)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply