Mountain Project Logo

Seeking advice Anchorage to Kenai

Original Post
t.ferguson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 100

Hello,

My partner and I are looking to get from Anchorage to Kenai for a trip in early May. The bus system seems like a bit of a pain and is quite expensive for what you get. We are wondering if there are any local secrets for making this happen? We would also be willing to pay someone 180$ to act as our long-distance taxi!

We've been considering hitching as our means of transportation back to Anchorage. Is this part of AK usually keen on picking up hitch hikers?

Thanks for the help!

Tess

Mitchell Goldman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Tess, this is Uncle Garry's buddy Mitch. We met at the guide house in Riverton a year or two ago. I can connect you with someone who goes back and forth from Skagway to ANC and beyond, and may be able to swing a little out of his way to shuttle you to Kenai. If you're still trying to sort this out, get in touch with me and I'll connect you two. 540 905 five7six5

diepj · · PDX · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

For another option give a call to Gary with Go Purple shuttle. He will do custom itineraries and might be worth investigating. Adjusting for the location I have gotten pretty good service in the past. Gary will definitely not leave you stranded.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply