Mountain Project Logo

Help to fund Wayne Willoughby's Black Canyon film

Original Post
Kristoffer · · North Bend, Wa · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 50

This dude is getting after it despite all odds. Wayne’s story and actions serve as nothing but an inspirational mechanism to empower those throughout the entire spectrum of life. I feel it’s a worthy cause, and knowing that I am helping him to help others has given me great pleasure. I am sharing this because above all it may bring you inspiration, and secondly that perhaps by helping to fund him in this endeavor it will also bring you joy.
<3
youcaring.com/waynewillough…;fb_action_types=youcaringcom%3Ashare

Kevin Stricker · · Evergreen, CO · Joined Oct 2002 · Points: 575

I wanted to add some background on Wayne I discovered through my adventures with him on the Diamond on Long's Peak. I first met Wayne after hearing his story about his first adventure on the Diamond. I was amazed by his tenacity and the suffering he had endured to climb one of my favorite peaks. Together with my partner David Russell we climbed the Casual route with Wayne and then D7 the following year. This is a man who has taken the curve ball life threw at him and spun it right back. Always psyched, eternally grateful, he pushes past what normal climbers would consider extreme with a huge grin and endures through all life has given to him. It was an honor to be able to share the adventures we had and I think it would be very inspirational to have his story told to a larger audience. A big thank you to everyone who supports this project.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply