WTB: Youth Backpacking Gear

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Ben Kirby · · Davisburg, MI · Joined May 2014 · Points: 40

Outfitting the kiddos for some backcountry hiking and camping.

Looking for packs similar to Deuter Fox 30/40

Looking for sleeping bags similar to kelty cosmic 20

Thanks,

Ben

Fringepaste · · SoCal · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 450

I have a Sea to Summit Spark III 25 degree 850 Treated down bag.

Bill C. · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 110

I have one of these I'd let go for pretty cheap: rei.com/product/895082/rei-...

It probably has maybe 6-7 nights on it. No stains or holes.

I'd let it go for 20 plus shipping if you're interested.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,740

I've got something that you might like. It's a 40L (give or take) pack with an adjustable system that moves the shoulder strap attachment up/down. My two sons used these on their (few) overnight trips. At its smallest, the shoulder straps almost touch the lumbar pad; at its longest it has carried well on a 5-7 tall adult.

I'll upload some pics tonight, but it's a large compartment with sleeping bag compartment in the bottom with large wrap-around zipper for access. A zippered interior divider allows the bag and upper compartments to be combined. Fixed top flap has a large pocket and a flat second one underneath. One ice axe attachment, 2 compression straps on each side, straps for pad on lower back and atop the flap. Inside frame is a pair of 1" flat aluminum stays that can be bent to suit the wearer's back. Not a major brand; it's labelled TexSport which AFAIK was the retailer's in-house brand. Bag is clean and ready to go. Best part only $25 + applicable shipping (I'll need to get an estimate as this is too big for any Flat Rate box option).

Update - photos

Size adjustable pack

Shoulder strap attachment slides up/down. Easy to move, and doesn't slip once it's set.

Mark O'Neal · · Nicholson, GA · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 1,280

As luck may have it I've got a Deuter Fox 40 that I just pulled out of the closet to sell. My son used it only a few times and it's practically new.

How does $60 + split shipping sound?

I've also got several Sierra Designs 15F synthetic bags. They're older but are in good shape if you're interested in one of those

Pine Sap · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 7,190

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/fs-kelty-lynx-2750-youth-backpack-like-new/

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply