Mountain Project Logo

Flagstaff??

Original Post
Alex Martin · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 66

How's the climbing in flagstaff this time of year? Driving from Bishop to Kentucky and might stop for a day or 2 of climbing. Any suggestions on a free place to stay in a van close to a solid day worth of moderate bouldering/sport climbing.

Timothy Carlson · · NorCal · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 10

Temps are just about perfect right now. If it's bouldering and sport you're after, I suggest camping at priest draw. You'll be right by some truly awesome bouldering, and a 5 min. drive + 10 min. approach to The Pit- a pretty decent limestone sport climbing area with plenty of moderates.

Chase Bowman · · Durango, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 1,010

Yeah the weather is awesome right now, was just up there last week! No snow to worry about.

GARRETT S · · mesa · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

There are a plethora of places to camp for free near Flagstaff. Lots of fellow dirtbags out there. I haven't climbed Flag yet, but I hear from friends that there are great routes out there.

Check out freecampsites.net/#!Flagsta…
This site has been very handy for me lately. No more Walmart camping for this guy. Have fun on your road trip!

Zoltan Papp · · Las Vegas · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 235

Camp at the draw, climb at either The Priest Draw or The Pit. Moderate climbing is kinda relative but there are grades for all levels at both places...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Flagstaff??"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started