Sugarloaf this Weekend?

Original Post
Brandon R · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 60

Looking to make a day trip either day this weekend to Sugarloaf, or possibly a weekend trip to the Valley. Mostly wanting to climb in the 5.9-5.11 range. I have lots of gear and lots of experience, and usually like to climb with other experienced people, but less experienced is OK so long as you have a sharp mind and solid belay. Also looking for some more regular Sac area partners for trips to Tahoe and Yosemite.

I haven't climbed outside for something like 3 months now... I hope I remember how.

tomh · · south lake tahoe · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 0

Would love to meet up in the valley. Planning to be there Sat and Sun. Been to sugarloaf a lot so more inclined to go to the valley. Climb 5.9 to 12
Tom
415 745 5363
tomharbell@hotmail.com

Ted Baker · · Caribou, CA · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 768

Looking to go to the Valley for the weekend too.
Might go for Friday.
I'll follow up with you or send me a message.

If going to the Valley, I probably can't leave until Saturday morning.

amy a · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0

I'm up for Sugarloaf if you're still game. Hwy 120 at Crane Flat is closed, so it would be epic drive for me to get to the Valley at the moment (like 6 hours.) Have more gear than you will ever need, prefer trad, especially offwidths, but happy to climb whatever. Also fine with sport if that's your jam.
831 227 9503
:) Amy

Oh, that changes things. I noticed HW 41 is closed too, so the only way in/out is HW 140. Sugarloaf it is. I'll text you tomorrow to work out the details, Amy.

Ari Lazier · · San Francisco, California · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 0

I'd also be down to head to Sugarloaf this weekend.

Looks like I got flaked on. If anyone is looking for a last minute partner for tomorrow, look no further (or is it farther...). PM'ed you Ari.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply