Climbing shoe fit

Original Post
walmongr · · Gilbert AZ · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 50

ordering a new pair of climbing shoes online. I currently wear size 45 TC Pro. I am getting a pair of Katana lace's I assume the initial fit is the same as they are the same manufacturer. Do they stretch the same or or they softer and more stretched out after break in. In the end I want them to fit the same "comfortable" all day wear.

Mike13 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 10

Checked sizesquirrel? Or here ://www.mountainproject.com/scripts/mobileForum.php?type=message&id=112536676

Chris Fedorczak · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

They stretch a half to a full size after break in. Also, the fit of the TCs and Katana LUs is not the same. TCs are meant to be worn with toes flat, KLUs have a slightly asymmetric profile and slightly downward pointed toes.

Brian · · North Kingstown, RI · Joined Sep 2001 · Points: 465

You can't get sizing from Mountain Project or from Size Squirrel. You have to try shoes on. Everyone's foot is different. Some people even have feet that are different on the same body.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 45

Fit varies wildly from shoe to shoe, even for the same manufacturer. Although TC and Katana are built from the same last, they have very different fits.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply