Looking for intermediate New Jack City sport climbing partner(s)

Original Post
Jeff Sallen · · San Diego · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 0

10 years ago when I lived in Boulder Colorado I used to climb 5-6 days a week. Sport, Trad, Bouldering, I did it all. Since moving to San Diego, I pretty much stopped climbing. I was burnt out, good climbing was a two hours drive away and reliable partners were hard to find. I recently started climbing again (after a trib back to Boulder) and now I've got the itch to start climbing regularly again. I just spent the weekend at New Jack and had an amazing experience. I'm looking for climbing partners that are proficient in sport climbing and want to climb easy to moderate routes 5.6 - 5.10.

I'm available to climb on weekends.

Lou Cerutti · · Carlsbad, California · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 214

I was following along until you said good climbing is two hours from San Diego. You should probably go back to Boulder.

Zachary Hollifield · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Jeff, been a few weeks since I've gotten out to NJC and I'd be stoked to get out and work on some more of the easier 10s out there.

Lou Cerutti wrote:I was following along until you said good climbing is two hours from San Diego. You should probably go back to Boulder.
It’s embarrassing on my part that I actually anticipated positive feedback here. Haters always going to hate.
Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 310

jeff.... welcome to San Diego and the local surfer minded types.

I always feel sorry for people who live there.... esp when I gettin on 395 heading back to Moorpark and I see the sign.... SanDiego 399 miles...

Just don't diss the local bouldering and you be fine.

Lou Cerutti · · Carlsbad, California · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 214

I was just teasing, Jeff. I just spent the last few days in NJC. As far as casual sport cragging goes this time of year it cant be beat. There really is a lifetime of climbing here in San Diego though. If you're not finding it you're just not looking hard enough. ;)

Christina Sirena · · san diego, ca · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0

I moved here from Denver a little over 2 years ago and went through a similar experience, sometimes meeting people can be tough. I too have gotten back on the wall and have been climbing regularly at the gym the last few months after introducing my partner. I really want to get outside!

I can lead 5.6 to 5.9 sport routes comfortably and most 10a routes. Follow up to 10c. I have a rope and rack.

My schedule is flexible right now so I'm down to climb outside pretty much anytime.

Sounds good Christina. I'll shoot you a PM.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply