Mountain Project Logo

Parkline slab route names?

Original Post
Kevin Buddin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 5

Climbed at parkline today and got on a sweet bolted seam that passes over a few roofs. It's not on here and in the new Yosemite guide book it only has 4 bolts and doesn't end. It is located between The Unchaste and psyched zypote. Any help would be appreciated. It was alot of fun.

Erik Sloan · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 254

How hard? How long? Can you take a picture from here or the book and draw the line on on your phone? Would be cool to check out.

Woot!
Erik Sloan
RockclimbYosemite.com - Yosemitebigwall.com

Chad Namolik · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 2,905
Buddin wrote:
So is route #5 on that topo 'Where's my Crack' 5.9 2P ?
Chad Namolik wrote: So is route #5 on that topo 'Where's my Crack' 5.9 2P ?
No. Number 5 is psychedelic zygote.
Erik Sloan · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 254

Now we're getting somewhere! Thanks, Looks good! So you need two ropes to rap that one? (I know the FAist of Unchaste went back and added bolts and a mid-pitch anchor, so that folks can rap that one with one rope).

I hope people think it's odd that when people establish routes in our national parks, specifically when they install permanent hardware, they are not required to report these installations anywhere. I'm not saying that folks have to post it up on MP here, or send one of the guidebook authors(like me) a topo. But maybe logging the route with the NPS Research Library in Yosemite Village might be a start.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Parkline slab route names?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started