heading to Jtree, Can i borrow your stove?

Original Post
LiamB · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0

A buddy and I are flying from the east coast to j-tree this week and are looking to save weight and cash. I was wondering if there was anyone out there in the Jtree area who'd be willing to loan a double burner stove for a little over a week. I'd also consider buying a coleman wal mart special and then reselling for a cheaper price...

I'm also keen on doing some mountain biking, if there's anyone who'd loan one let me know!

we're going to be staying in the park for the most part.

M. Morley · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 6,330

Hey Liam, Joshua Tree Outfitters (gear rental) might be an option as well:

http://www.joshuatreeoutfitters.com/
61707 Twentynine Palms Highway
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
(760) 366-1848

-Mike

julie.wang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

These things are awesome, <$20 at the Big 5 that you pass in Yucca on your way in: big5sportinggoods.com/store...;jsessionid=FBE2A4E8AD4B126B338709CCD4523120.prod_store02-2#.WL7r7VXyvmE

jmmlol · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Yeah, sure. Would you like to borrow my car, tent, and sleeping bag as well?

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Just bring a pocket rocket and a couple lightweight camping pans man. Buy the fuel at the gear shop before the park.

LiamB · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0
jmmlol wrote:Yeah, sure. Would you like to borrow my car, tent, and sleeping bag as well?
Car would be nice. I shant need your tent as I'll be staying in the hotel. Could you make sure the fuel is topped off and the radio presets are local indie, eastern european jazz, and npr, in that order? Also I can't find my dickfor anywhere. Can i borrow yours?
jmmlol · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0
LiamB wrote: Car would be nice. I shant need your tent as I'll be staying in the hotel. Could you make sure the fuel is topped off and the radio presets are local indie, eastern european jazz, and npr, in that order? Also I can't find my dickfor anywhere. Can i borrow yours?
No, you don't seem so friendly now.
steverett · · San Diego, CA · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 40
julie.wang wrote:These things are awesome, <$20 at the Big 5 that you pass in Yucca on your way in: big5sportinggoods.com/store...;jsessionid=FBE2A4E8AD4B126B338709CCD4523120.prod_store02-2#.WL7r7VXyvmE
Keep in mind, butane stoves don't work well in the cold. Mine stopped working one cold morning (upper 30s/low 40s)
Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0
steverett wrote: Keep in mind, butane stoves don't work well in the cold. Mine stopped working one cold morning (upper 30s/low 40s)
Stoves like the pocket rocket that use those small canisters have mixtures for cold use that work pretty well in the cold.
Zachary k · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 25

Weather is starting to warm back up so I wouldn't worry about cold fuel, and as far as gear is concerned I would definitely stop at the Jtree outfitters.
They rent all the camping gear you need as well as crash pads. Support local businesses not big box stores.

Hobo Greg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 25

You could just bring beer and make friends. I know some tan hippies that do legit gourmet dinners over the fire.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply