J-Tree, Yosemite, Bishop trip climbing partner wanted!

Original Post
Meg White · · Hamilton, NJ · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 25

Hey friends!

I'll be on a climbing trip from the 19-28, and would love company. Bouldering/sport. Could use a local guide or a fellow adventurer. You're welcome for all or part. I'll be flying into LAX, and I have an SUV, a two person tent, and gear.

3/19-3/21: J-tree
3/22 travel/rest/pit stop Sequoia
3/23-3/24 Yosemite
3/25 travel/rest/King's Canyon pit stop
3/26-3/28 Bishop

Feel free to text if you're interested! (609)433-1706
Meg

everbrad · · Orange County · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 0

Note that winter road closures are going to make your itinerary almost impossible and/or double maybe even triple your drive times. You won't be able to drive from Yosemite to Bishop through the Tioga pass. The road to King's Canyon won't be open to road's end and you'll be missing some the best scenery. Plus pit stops to Sequoia and King Canyon's are anything but that, requiring long drives away from the major thorough fares (don't be fooled by online maps and supposed gps drive times), and that's without taking winter conditions into consideration. I'd scale down the trip since you only have 1 week. If you have to hit 2 spots opt for Josh and Yosemite Valley (more driving) or Josh and Bishop (less driving). Finding climbing partners at any of these should be easy once you're there. Have fun.

matt c. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 155

Yeah. I'd second that that is a shit load of driving. Also, based on some of the post I have been reading about the valley... it's not exactly prime to head out there. I'd go for bishop! And def hit up josh!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply